Baroque Periods and Movements Art History
Style of architecture and art originating in Italy in the early 17th century and variously prevalent in Europe and the New World for a century and a half, characterized by free and sculptural use of the classical orders and ornament, by forms in elevation and plan suggesting movement, and by dramatic effect in which architecture, painting, sculpture, and the decorative arts often worked to combined effect.
Top: Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Baroque
- Top/Kids and Teens/Arts/Painting/History/Periods and Movements/Baroque
- Top/Arts/Periods and Movements/Baroque
- Infoplease: Baroque - Overview, and bibliography with an introduction to the different periods and their characteristics.
- Boston College Honors Program: Baroque - List of Baroque art and architecture links.
- Art History Resources on the Web: Baroque Art - Overview, artists, and links to paintings.
- ArtLex: Baroque - Article on the Baroque, defined with illustrations, quotations, and links periods and movements to other resources.
MySQL - Cache Direct