Art History Arts
Virtual art gallery displaying paintings and poetry from art movements of the 19th and 20th centuries with an emphasis on displaying works of art by artists who have been forgotten or neglected in recent years.
Top: Arts: Art History
ArtLex - Art Dictionary - Reference material in art, art history, art criticism, aesthetics, and art education. Definitions of thousands of terms, illustrations, quotations, and links to other resources.
- Mark Harden's Artchive - An art archive with thousands of images that are accessed through an alphabetical list of artist\\'s names and art styles. Covers every style of art from ancient and African to impressionist and modern.
- ARC International - The Art Renewal Center - Offering biographical information and high-resolution images of many paintings from the great masters of the 19th century.
- Christian Art and Artists from Late Medieval to Modern - Examples illustrating the development of Christian art, from the Christian Traveler's Guides.
- Artists and Ancestors - Exhibition of miniature portraits from XVIII - XX century, information art history about artists and sitters.
- About.com: Art History - Online community and resource guide for the artists and art arts periods of the past.
- Art History at Loggia - Explores the history of art with information about artists, styles, and periods. Includes resources and reference materials about art history, searchable database, and forums.
- Art History with Michelli - The Art Browser divides categories of resources by art history time arts period and their movements.
- HuntFor Art History - Quick reference for all periods in the art history, images and links.
- ArtMuseum.net - Internet-based art museum experience, includes specialized exhibitions with emphasis on background information not normally available to the public.
- Mexican Masks - Collection of authentic danced masks from Mexico and arts Guatemala with art history discussions and comments on the art arts of collecting and other art history curious observations. Antique masks, arts patination techniques, insect infestation, techniques of art history collecting.
- Audio Recordings of Great Works of Art - Exploring the aural aura of masterworks as found in the sounds in the immediate locations of highly regarded paintings, sculptures, and other artworks.
- OCAIW: Art Images on the Web - Orazio Centaro\\'s site. Includes a long alphabetical listing of artists and includes links to images that reside on both the OCAIW site and other artist sites on the Web.
- Resources in Art History for Graduate Students - This newsletter lists grants, fellowships, internships, conferences, publication and study arts abroad opportunities for graduate students in art history and closely arts related areas.
- Andres Blaisten Museum - Masterpieces of Mexican Art from the XIX and arts XX Centuries from private collections.
- New Deal Art During the Great Depression - Information and photographs of extant WPA/New Deal art, focusing on art history Illinois, Ohio, and California. There are biographies, a art history timeline of the New Deal, and other odd bits of art history information.
- ArtMagick - Virtual art gallery displaying paintings and poetry from art art history movements of the 19th and 20th centuries with an emphasis art history on displaying works of art by artists who have been art history forgotten or neglected in recent years.
- Art Historians' Guide to the Movies - A record by Craig Eliason of appearances of arts and references art history to famous works of art and arts architecture in the movies, art history arranged by period.
- Delineavit et Sculpsit - The Internet stepping stone for all those interested in Old Master prints and drawings: publications, events, links to the world\\'s main print rooms, and the periodical Delineavit et Sculpsit.
- Mona Lisa Images for a Modern World - A site exploring the enduring fascination of the Mona Lisa, including history, parodies, homages and comments from site visitors.
- World Art Treasures - Based on the Jacques-Edouard Berger collection of images art history of art objects and essays devoted to the art history main civilizations, such as Egypt, China, Japan, India, art history Europe.
- Carol Gerten's Virtual Art Museum - Broad gallery that includes biographies and images for hundreds of arts well-known American, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Japanese artists.
- The Getty Provenance Index - Collects and disseminates information related to the history of collecting and the provenance of individual works of art.
- Art in the Picture.com - Offers an introduction to visual art history. Famous artist\'s galleries and biographies, movements, major museums.
- University of Texas - Byzantine Medieval Hypertexts - Discussing the theory of hypertext and its medieval application in Byzantine manuscripts, using examples from the Theodore Psalter, a manuscript created in 1066.
- WebMuseum: Famous Paintings - Offers images and historical context for artists and art movements ranging from Gothic and Renaissance to Impressionism and Pop.
- Sister Wendy's American Collection - From PBS - Sister Wendy Beckett, nun and art commentator, arts takes viewers on a tour through six of America\'s greatest arts art museums.
- Lübeck's Dance of Death - Dances of Death in Lübeck, Tallinn, Berlin and Denmark. Pictures, books and primary sources. Several books are reproduced.
MySQL - Cache Direct