History Reference Photography
Article defines what tintypes and daguerreotypes are, the history of the processes, the sizes they came in, and the years they were popular.
Top: Arts: Photography: Reference: History
- Top/Arts/Photography/Equipment and Services/Cameras/Collecting
- Top/Arts/Art History
- Top/Arts/Photography/Techniques and Styles/Documentary/Archives
- Index of UK photographers up to c1950 - Indexes and links for UK photographers, county by county, for the 19th and early 20th century.
- Latin American Photography 1840-1920. M & M Cuarterolo's Collection - Large selection of early images of Argentina and photography other Latin reference American countries and information on the photography photographers active in the reference region between 1840 and photography 1920.
- Midley History of Photography - Presents essays by R. Derek Wood on the photography history of reference early photography, the daguerreotype and diorama.
- The Weston Exposure Meter Site - Site dedicated to the Weston Exposure Meter from the earliest photography days to the Euromaster 3. Includes Photos, information and instruction photography books, and history of the company and its founder.
- Photographer Nicephore Niepce - Dedicated to the History of Photography from its origins by French scientist and inventor Nicephore Niepce. Niepce discovered the process known as Heliography.
- Photographs: The Metropolitan Museum of Art - Images, history, and technical information about their photography collection of reference photographs.
- Pinhole Photography - History of pinhole photography, including theory and construction photography details.
- Arab Foundation for the Image - A non-profit association that collaborates with Elysée Foundation photography in Lausanne to promote photography in the Middle photography East and the North Africa by locating, collecting photography and preserving the photographic heritage of that region.
- City-Gallery.com - Information on photography, family photographs and images, and genealogy. Focus is on 19th century photography.
- The Magic Mirror of Life: An Appreciation of the Camera Obscura - Many facets of the camera obscura (dark room); photography the origin reference of the photographic camera, its place photography in art, culture and reference education,vintage instruments,images, photographs, and photography working camera obscuras are included.
- Albumen Photographs - Presents the art and science of albumen printing, reference contemporary research, conservation and treatment of images.
- Georgian Museum of Photography - Virtual museum of images from photography, including portraits, architecture, cultural and historical monuments.
- Women in Photography Archive - Focuses on the role of women in photography. Includes essays reference on women photographers and an online gallery.
- Tintypes and Daguerreotypes - Article defines what tintypes and daguerreotypes are, the history of the processes, the sizes they came in, and the years they were popular.
- American Museum of Photography - Covers daguerreotypes to modernism. Research center features a guide early photo processes, book reviews and information on preserving/protecting valuable photographs.
- Central Pacific Railroad - Has a photographic history museum; also stereoviews of photography the first history transcontinental railroad.
- Cut & Paste - A History Of Photomontage - Covering the artists involved in photomontage in the Berlin Dada movement, 1980s politics, and the present day.
- Historic Photo Archive - Kodachrome dating guide for vintage slides.
- Lafayette Negative Archive - Catalogue of vintage photographs made by the Lafayette studio of photography London, containing images made between 1887 and the 1930s, categorized photography by subject. Has explanatory articles.
- Early Visual Media - History of visual Media, photography pre-cinema prestidigitation danse history macabre optical photography illusions.
- Finding Photographers - A worldwide index of the books and websites reference that list photographers and when they worked.
- Cuarterolo Archive - The Cuarterolo archive is an image bank focused photography on 19th century Argentine and Latin American photography photography that houses over 5000 historic photographs.
- Photo Revue - All about Czech and Slovak photography, history, theory, history reviews, profiles.
- A History of Photography - Includes an extensive history, from earliest times to the 1920s. Includes information on all significant photographers with biographical data.
- History of Photography Timeline - A detailed timeline of photography from ancient times reference to the history present.
- Painting and Photography - Some notes on the history of photography, mostly photography concerning the photography relationship between painting and photography.
- Photica Project - Contains information and articles on historical photographers and groups.
MySQL - Cache Direct