Art and Antiquities Theft Crime
Site describes rationale, use and contacts for Object ID, an international standard for describing art, antiques and antiquities to combat theft.
Top: Society: Crime: Theft: Art and Antiquities
- International Archive of Stolen Artefacts - A database with close-up photographs of objects. An independent resource art and antiquities dedicated to the retrieval of stolen artefacts through maximum publicity.
- Stolen Property or Finders Keepers? - Dede Tisone-Bartels provides teacher\\'s resources for considering the true ownership of works of art which have been taken from their place of origin to museums and collections around the world.
- Stolen Stones: The Modern Sack of Nineveh - Looting of Iraqi archaeological sites since the Gulf War. Illustrated crime feature by John M. Russell in Archaeology includes clickable map crime of the throne room suite.
- Stolen Art - This Belgian initiative aims to assist the police in Belgium and elsewhere in the recovery and return of stolen antiques. Register stolen art pieces. Newsletters.
- Saving Futures - Charlie Phillips investigates issues of cultural heritage management art and antiquities theft and preservation in India and Nepal through interviews art and antiquities theft and research.
- BBC: Stolen Turner Paintings Found - Two Turner paintings from the Tate galleries\\' collection, art and antiquities stolen while on display in Germany eight years art and antiquities ago, are found.
- Price of Age - An electronic dissertation on the illicit trade of antiquities by Andrew Cranwell.
- Swiss Recover 10,000 Stolen Antiquities - Archaeology magazine feature article by Andrew Slayman on one of the largest recoveries of stolen art treasures.
- NYTimes.com - Thwarting Art Thieves on a Budget - Discusses problems of art theft during business hours and how theft museums and other facilities have responded.
- Your Brush With The Law - Charles Vincent Sabba looks at some famous art crimes, forensic art and the art scene in New York.
- Looting Question Bibliography - Hugh Jarvis lists Internet and published resources on theft the archaeological theft politics of private collecting, commercial treasure theft hunting, looting.
- Britain Leads Illicit Trade in Rare Books - The Guardian reports that Britain has become the crime centre theft for criminal traffick in ancient manuscripts crime and historic books.
- Sources of Information on Antiquities Theft - Librarian provides a bibliography and list of Internet resources on theft theft of antiquities.
- Object ID - Site describes rationale, use and contacts for Object art and antiquities crime ID, an international standard for describing art, antiques art and antiquities crime and antiquities to combat theft.
- Art Theft from Cyprus to Munich - Archaeology magazine feature article by Mark Rose on art and antiquities art and antiquities the looting of frescoes, mosaics and icons from art and antiquities art and antiquities churches in Northern Cyprus
- Illicit Antiquities Research Centre (IARC) - At University of Cambridge to research and highlight theft damage caused crime by looting of archaeological sites. theft Publishes periodical Culture Without crime Context. Information on theft latest news, events, information, legal conventions, crime resources.
- Museum Security Network: Art Crime - News reports of cultural property incidents, such as art and antiquities art theft, looting of art in wartime, fire art and antiquities and forgery worldwide.
- The Iraq War and Archaeology - Francis Deblauwe gathers articles and information about the art and antiquities art and antiquities impact of the war on the archaeological remains art and antiquities art and antiquities in Iraq, including the losses from looting.
- Gang Caught with 200,000 Artefacts - Giles Tremlett reports in the Guardian that Spanish police theft have captured 100 archaeological robbers in an operation that netted theft a vast haul of antiques up to 5,000 years old.
- The Art Loss Register - Operates a permanent international database of stolen and missing works of art, antiques and valuables, to assist law enforcement agencies in the battle against art theft.
- Find Stolen Art - Database aiming to assist UK police in the crime recovery and crime return of stolen antiques and to crime enable auction houses, collectors crime and dealers to exercise crime due diligence.
- Art Theft - Most Wanted Art - Search for the world's most wanted art.
- CBC Indepth: Art Thefts - Indepth examination of some of the world\\'s most theft famous artworks theft that have been stolen, including audio theft and video links to theft reports.
MySQL - Cache Direct