Pop Art Periods and Movements Art History
Movement that first emerged in Great Britain at the end of the 1950s as a reaction against the seriousness of abstract expressionism. British and American pop artists employed a common imagery found in comic strips, soup cans, and Coke bottles to express formal abstract relationships. By this means they provided a meeting ground where artist and layman could come to terms with art. From encyclopedia.com
Top: Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Pop Art
- Top/Society/History/By Topic/Social History/Pop Culture
- Top/Arts/Visual Arts/Painting/Painters/Pop Art
- WebMuseum: Pop Art - Brief definition and discussion.
- Pop Artists - New York City gallery featuring paintings, prints and art history objects periods and movements by artists including Haring, Lichtenstein, Oldenberg, art history and Warhol.
- Pop Art - Review of the reference book by Marco Livingstone.
MySQL - Cache Direct