McCloud, Scott Creators Comics
After creating the independent fantasy title Zot in the 1980s, Scott McCloud (b. 1960) wrote and illustrated Understanding Comics, an extremely influential treatise on the nature of comics as a medium, focusing on structural aspects such as panel-to-panel transitions. This was followed by Reinventing Comics, which discussed changes in comics publishing and explored the author's more recent interest in digital media. McCloud has also contributed to the field of experimental comics by inventing formal games like the "24-hour comic" and "Five-Card Nancy," and drafted the original version of the Creator's Bill of Rights.
Top: Arts: Comics: Creators: M: McCloud, Scott
- Comic Book Artist Magazine: Zot! Inspection - Author discusses his early career and his fantasy/superhero series Zot. Interview by Chris Knowles.
- Austin Chronicle: SXSW Interactive Festival - Interview about online comics, in section on digital mccloud, scott media festival where McCloud was the keynote speaker.
- Scottmccloud.com - Artist\\'s official site, featuring experimental online comics, book m ordering, and mccloud, scott weblog.
- The Comics Journal: Scott McCloud - Excerpts from interview by R.C. Harvey.
- Understand Your Comics - Brief review of Understanding Comics.
- WebReview: Understanding Comics - Interview on how this book of comics theory creators has influenced web designers.
MySQL - Cache Direct