Spinning Fibers Handspinning Textiles Crafts
An email discussion list for anyone having an interest in those animals who provide fiber for fiber artists. Information on how to join; message archives for members only.
Top: Arts: Crafts: Textiles: Handspinning: Spinning Fibers
Wool: Breeds of Sheep - Maintained at Oklahoma State University. General information, photos, history of breed, bibliographies.
- Department of Textile Fabrics - Article from the Smithsonian Institution covering the basic spinning fibers natural textiles fibers.
- Soybean Protein Fiber - Background on this fiber produced from soybeans, describing handspinning the process.
- Wormspit.com - Silk work by hand: silkworms, reeling, spinning and handspinning weaving.
- Alpacas From Mile End Farm - Information and photographs from Mile End Farm (UK). History, fiber, handspinning alpaca care, and cost of ownership.
- The Revival of Colored Cotton, James M. Vreeland, Jr. - History of naturally colored cotton in Peru
- Priscilla Lowry Silks - A silk historian and medievalist, lecturer, designer and handspinning maker. textiles Includes descriptions of lectures, seminars and handspinning workshops.
- Silk: The Stuff of Dreams - Using this exotic fiber -- qualities of silk, handspinning silk yarns, textiles spinning silk.
- Wool Facts from the American Sheep Industry Association - Includes fact sheets, newsletter, history, care and processing spinning fibers of textiles wool.
- Fibercritters - An email discussion list for anyone having an spinning fibers interest spinning fibers in those animals who provide fiber for spinning fibers fiber artists. spinning fibers Information on how to join; message spinning fibers archives for members spinning fibers only.
- Wool: Navajo-Churro Sheep - Origin, history, characteristics and preservation of this rare breed. Breeder spinning fibers list. Published by Navajo-Churro Sheep Association.
- Flax and Linen Overview - Basic history, biology, growing, preparation, and end use. handspinning From The spinning fibers Linen House, an online store.
- Cotton: From Field to Fabric - Educational overview from the National Cotton Council.
- Qiviut (or Qiviuk) - Luxurious down fiber from the Muskox. Hints on textiles preparing and spinning the fiber; vendors.
- Fiber Plants - An article on less-well-known fiber plants and their handspinning protential.
MySQL - Cache Direct