Elves Fantasy Races and Creatures Themes Science Fiction and Fantasy
Typically, elves are known to have pointy ears and are either as tall as humans or short in stature. They are long-lived or immortal and may vary from strikingly beautiful, immeasurably ugly or invisible. Legends of their origins vary. They are said to live on mountains or by rivers in isolated areas. One legend tells they were angels who would not choose sides between good and evil. As a result they were sent to earth where they became elves. Other stories are of elves making shoes, helping at the north pole and either being helpful or mischievous. Modern fantasy fiction trends lean toward the elvish style created by Tolkien.
Top: Arts: Genres: Science Fiction and Fantasy: Themes: Fantasy Races and Creatures: Elves
- Top/Arts/Movies/Titles/L/Lord of the Rings Series/Characters/Elves
- Top/Arts/Comics/Titles/P/Poison Elves
- Top/Games/Card Games/Special Decks/King of the Elves
- Hidden Portals - Trance inspired narrative art by Dara Tuell.
- deviantART: Elves on DA - Gallery, art and community of artists with competitions and a themes members list.
- Wikipedia: Elf - Encyclopedic entry about elves in fantasy, fiction, mythology, elves and their elves international variations.
- Leonid Korablev - The True Elves of Europe - Origins, ancestry and descendants of European elves; with fantasy races and creatures comparisons between traditional and Tolkien's versions.
- The Elvish Name Generator - Generates female and male names from real human elves first and themes last names.
- Elves: A Short History - Introduction of their origins in folklore to appearances in popular fantasy races and creatures culture; article from National Geographic kids news.
- Wikipedia: Drow - Encyclopedic entry about the drow or dark elves themes in fantasy.
- Wikipedia: Elves in Fantasy Fiction and Games - Encyclopedic entry related to games, literature, television and film.
- Encyclopedia Mythica: Elf - Definition and introduction to traditional elves.
MySQL - Cache Direct