Arthurian Legend Literature in Art Humanities
Top: Arts: Humanities: Literature in Art: Arthurian Legend
- Vivien and Merlin - Julia Margaret Cameron (1815-1879) from: Illustrations to Tennyson\\'s "Idylls of humanities the King" and Other Poems. London: Henry S. King and humanities Company, 1875.
- Morte D'Arthur - Maclise, Daniel (1806-1870) (J. Thompson, engraver)from: Tennyson, Alfred. arthurian legend Poems arthurian legend by Alfred Tennyson, D.C.L. London: Edward Moxon, arthurian legend 1857.
- How Sir Galahad, Sir Bors and Sir Percival were Fed with the Sanc Grael; But Sir Percival's Sister Died by the Way - Watercolor by Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
- The Beguiling of Merlin - Edward Burne-Jones: 1874, oil, Lady Lever Art Gallery.
- It Is Indeed the Cup - Evelyn Paul from: Claire de Lune and Other humanities Troubadour Romances. arthurian legend London: G. G. Harrap and Co., humanities Ltd., 1913.
- Abbey's Boston Murals - The fifteen-panel mural for the Book Delivery Room at the literature in art new Boston Public Library. The subject is "The Quest for literature in art the Holy Grail."
- Arthur's Tomb - Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - CGFA
- The Wedding of Sir Tristram - 1862, stained glass designed by Burne-Jones for the literature in art arthurian legend music room at Harden Grange, Bingley. 144KB
- The Tristan Stained Glass Windows - for Harden Grange. William Morris chose the subject, humanities based upon arthurian legend Malory's Tristan retellings in Morte Darthur.
- Tristram and Isolde - J. W. Waterhouse: c.1916, oil on canvas. 125KB
- Arthur Receives Excalibur - Maclise, Daniel (1806-1870) (J. Thompson engraver)(Illustration to "Morte D\\'Arthur") from: literature in art Tennyson, Alfred. Poems by Alfred Tennyson, D.C.L. London: Edward Moxon, literature in art 1857.
- Elaine's Funeral - George Wooliscroft and Louis Rhead, from Alfred, Lord Tennyson\\'s "Idylls humanities of the King: Vivien, Elaine, Enid, Guinevere." New York: R. humanities H. Russell, 1898. Black and white.
- The Lady of Shallot - John William Waterhouse: c.1888, Tate Gallery at London. arthurian legend 166KB
- Arthur's Vision of the Wheel of Fortune - Albert Herter (1871-1950) from: Tales of the Enchanted arthurian legend Islands humanities of the Atlantic. New York: Macmillan and arthurian legend Co., 1899.
- Arthurian images - Medieval to 20th century artistic depictions.
- La Belle Dame Sans Merci - J. W. Waterhouse: c.1893, Hessisches Landesmuseum at Darmstadt, literature in art arthurian legend Germany. 107KB
- King Arthur - Edward Burne-Jones: The Last Sleep of Arthur in humanities Avalon (detail)1881-98. literature in art 98KB
- The Lady of Shalott - Hunt, William Holman - 1889-92 - CGFA - humanities 179KB
- How Arthur Gat His Sword Excalibur - Kappes, Alfred (1850-1894) from Lanier, Sidney. The Boy\\'s King Arthur. literature in art New York:Charles Scribner\\'s Sons, 1880. Arthur reaches eagerly for the literature in art sword in the Lake of Avalon. Black and white.
MySQL - Cache Direct