Cowper, William Authors Literature
William Cowper, 1731-1800, was distinguished for his original poetry and hymns, and translations of classical and modern authors. He was a forerunner of the English Romantic movement, and strongly influenced Wordsworth. His hymns "O For a Closer Walk With God," "There is a Fountain Filled With Blood" and "God Moves in a Mysterious Way" will be found in nearly all English-language hymnals. Although although kept from society or public activity by severe depression, throughout his life he maintained a circle of close friends (including the slave-trader turned curate, John Newton) by whom he was greatly loved and respected.
Top: Arts: Literature: Authors: C: Cowper, William
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Music/Hymns/Authors and Composers
- Top/Arts/Literature/World Literature/British/18th Century
- The William Cowper Page - San Antonio College LitWeb site.
- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations: William Cowper - (at Bartleby Library)
- William Cowper - Brief biography and links at the Academy of cowper, william American c Poets.
- William Cowper Cryptograms - Each puzzle is a quotation from Cowper\\'s poetry, cowper, william using c a simple letter substitution code.
MySQL - Cache Direct