Jacobs, Jane Authors Literature
1916- . Self-taught expert on cities and author of The Death and Life of Great American Cities (1961), a groundbreaking work.
Top: Arts: Literature: Authors: J: Jacobs, Jane
- Vital Cities: An Interview with Jane Jacobs - Stewart Brand interview with the author whose "The Death and jacobs, jane Life of Great American Cities" changed urban planning and policy jacobs, jane by simply asking: what makes a vital city? Whole Earth, jacobs, jane Winter 1998.
- Jane Jacobs: Writing on the Web - Links to excerpts and full text of Jacobs\\' writings on cities and other topics.
- Jane Jacobs Interviewed by Jim Kunstler - Long interview, conducted in September 2000, with the j American urbanist, author of "The Death and Life j of Great American Cities," "Cities and the Wealth j of Nations," "Systems of Survival," and other books.
- The Nature of Economies - Review of this book by Jacobs in Le Quebecois Libre, jacobs, jane April 2000.
- Guardian Unlimited Obituaries: Jane Jacobs - Obituary for the urban philosopher, born May 4, j 1916; died jacobs, jane April 25, 2006.
- The New York Review of Books: Charles Dickens, Seer - Article by Jane Jacobs, published July 19, 2001, j discusses Dickens\\' novel "Hard Times" and his observations j of social conditions.
- Reason Magazine: Jane Jacobs Interview - Bill Steigerwald, an associate editor and columnist for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, interviewed Jacobs in mid-March 2001 by phone.
- Urban Planning Guru Jane Jacobs on the Traps We Set for Ourselves - Canadian Press interview and profile on the occasion j of the publication of "The Nature of Economies." j March 2000.
MySQL - Cache Direct