Japanese In Translation Poetry Literature
Complete online text of the classical Japanese anthology of waka or tanka, with the originals in Japanese characters, romanji, and English translation available in a side-by-side-by-side display format.
Top: Arts: Literature: Poetry: In Translation: Japanese
- Classical Japanese Poetry - Poems from Manyoshu, Kokinshu, and Genji, in English, in translation romaji and Japanese script, with explanation of classical in translation grammar. New poems added weekly.
- Haiku for People! - Haiku poetry by Japanese masters in English translation and how in translation to write haiku.
- The Pillow Book - The Poems - These 13 poems were written by a lady japanese in waiting in translation at the Japanese Heian Dynasty Imperial japanese Court at the very in translation end of the 10th japanese century and they were the core in translation of director japanese P. Greenaway's film "The Pillow Book".
- Hass on Haiku - Selected Basho and Issa haiku translated into English by U.S. japanese Poet Laureate Robert Hass, along with excerpts from his introduction japanese to "The Essential Haiku".
- Ogura Hyakunin Isshu: 100 Poems by 100 Poets - Complete online text of the classical Japanese anthology japanese of waka in translation or tanka, with the originals in japanese Japanese characters, romanji, and in translation English translation available in japanese a side-by-side-by-side display format.
MySQL - Cache Direct