Middle-Eastern In Translation Poetry Literature
Dedicated to the great fourteenth century poet Hafiz of Shiraz. Includes biographical and descriptive information concerning Hafiz and his poetry with sample translations.
Top: Arts: Literature: Poetry: In Translation: Middle-Eastern
- Translations from Rabie Abdel-Halim's Poetry - English and Turkish translations of Professor Rabie Abdel-Halim\\'s middle-eastern "Talismans\\' Clues". poetry The Arabic poem is a middle-eastern reply to "Talismans", by poetry the American Lebanese poet middle-eastern Ilia Abu Madhi.
- The Songs of Hafiz - Dedicated to the great fourteenth century poet Hafiz of Shiraz. Includes biographical and descriptive information concerning Hafiz and his poetry with sample translations.
- Life & Poetry of Hafiz - Divan-e Hafiz (Hafez) in Persian and English, Fal-e middle-eastern Hafiz (divination middle-eastern by the oracle of Shiraz), biography, middle-eastern picture gallery and links.
- Iranian Women Poets - Extracts from their poetry.
- Iranian Poets in English - Poems, prose, articles, short stories, interviews. Translations from in translation modern middle-eastern Persian poets such as Shamloo, Nima, Forough.
- Shahnaz A'lami - Poem by Shahnaz A'lami (*1921) in English translation.
- Hebrew and Yiddish Poetry Translated by Karen Alkalay-Gut - Yehuda Amichai, Asher Reich, and Yossl Birstein.
MySQL - Cache Direct