Speght, Rachel 17th Century British World Literature
Resources for the study of English writer Rachel Speght (1597 - after 1621).
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: 17th Century: Speght, Rachel
- Sunshine for Women: Rachel Speght - A biography, summary of major works, and excerpt from A british Mouzell for Melastomus.
- Rachel Speght ( 1597 - c. 1630) Reclaiming Eve: Women's History 2000 presentation by Sunshine for Women - A Mouzell for Melastomus (1617).
- From "The Dream" - An excerpt from Mortalities Memorandum, with a Dreame british Prefixed (1621).
- Renascence Editions: Mortalities Memorandum - Etext based on the first edition at the British Library.
- The Norton Anthology of English Literature: The 17th Century: Topic 2: Texts and Contexts - Excerpt from A Muzzle for Melastomus, a reinterpretion of "the Eden story in terms that remove the onus that Genesis commentators traditionally attached to Eve, as inferior by nature and as primary human agent in the Fall."
- Renascence Editions: A Mouzell for Melastomus - Etext from the 1617 edition of the work.
MySQL - Cache Direct