Literary Studies Beowulf Medieval British
An introduction to and interpretation of the Beowulf poem by Seamus Heaney, together with a description of the principles underlying his famous translation of the poem.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Medieval: Beowulf: Literary Studies
- Warriors, Wyrms, and Wyrd: The Paradoxical Fate of the Germanic Hero/King in Beowulf - Interprets the Beowulf poem in mythological terms. By medieval Kevin J. medieval Wanner.
- Some Thoughts on Reading Beowulf - This interpretation by Lynn Harry Nelson argues that the poem can be read profitably on three different levels: the heroic character of Beowulf, the nature of leadership and politics, and the forces that human beings are subject to.
- Anthropological and Cultural Approaches to Beowulf - Collection of articles from the online journal "The Heroic Age." beowulf These articles treat the poem from the standpoint of anthropology beowulf and culture studies.
- Seamus Heaney on Beowulf - An introduction to and interpretation of the Beowulf literary studies poem beowulf by Seamus Heaney, together with a description literary studies of the beowulf principles underlying his famous translation of literary studies the poem.
- Thinking About Beowulf: Ten Years Later - Offers a psychological interpretation of the poem. Expands on the ideas in James W. Earl\\'s book "Thinking about Beowulf." By Eileen A. Joy.
- Beowulf: a National Poem - Provides a literary history of the poem. Covers beowulf Scandinavian traditions, beowulf the personality of the hero, the beowulf origin and antiquity of beowulf the poem, and the beowulf religious element. Also provides a section-by-section beowulf summary of beowulf the poem.
- Indogermanic Shruti and Christian Smriti in Beowulf - Argues that Beowulf is not in essence a Christian poem, beowulf but rather a reflection of the values of a Germanic beowulf heroic society. By Benjamin Slade
- Christianity in Beowulf - Explains the Christian element in the poem and literary studies shows literary studies how the Beowulf poet interprets pagan concepts literary studies in Christian literary studies terms. By Rich Lawson.
MySQL - Cache Direct