Biographical and Critical Notes Pakistani World Literature
Reflection on literary biography and a list of titles by the author, together with criticism about each title, which has reference value. Author's email address included.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: Pakistani: Biographical and Critical Notes
- Moth Smoke - Mohsin Hamid's first novel is reviewed here.
- Adam Zameenzad - Novelist Zameenzad's life and books described briefly.
- Water~Stone Review: Between the Rivers - The site provides leads to Alamgir Hashmi\\'s recent pakistani literary writings and how they have inspired other pakistani artists.
- WritersNet: Alamgir Hashmi - Reflection on literary biography and a list of titles by pakistani the author, together with criticism about each title, which has pakistani reference value. Author\'s email address included.
- Dalkey Archive Press: An Interview with Zulfikar Ghose - Author\\'s discussion of his books and Western literature; also comments on life and work in general.
- Poetry of Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi and Saqi Farooqi - New leads to English translations of Urdu poems world literature by these poets, and critical notes on them, world literature in Quiddity: International Literary Journal.
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist - Review of Mohsin Hamid\'s second novel from the Village Voice
- Twilight in Delhi: Indian Resentment of British Rule - A socio-political take on a classic, Ahmed Ali\\'s biographical and critical notes Twilight in Delhi (1940).
- On Muhammad Iqbal - A useful note on the poet and philosopher, pakistani Iqbal (1877-1938), biographical and critical notes at The Iqbal Academy, UK, web pakistani page.
- Shaista Ikramullah - This is a sketch of a woman parliamentarian who also wrote prose works in English and Urdu.
- Passion In Lahore - The New York Review of Books reviews Mohsin Hamid\'s novel Moth Smoke (2000)
- What Is a Ghazal? - The ghazal verse-form is described, as in Urdu and some other languages.
- Current Pakistani Fiction - Article by Alamgir Hashmi on contemporary novels and short stories, discussed from the standpoint of theory and Pakistani history, culture, and society.
- Uzma Aslam Khan - The newspaper reportage on the young novelist and her two pakistani novels is recent and usable.
- Uzma Aslam Khan: A Cocktail of Influences - Part interview, the article shows the author\\'s life and ideas biographical and critical notes reflected in her writing, particularly the novel "Trespassing".
- Partition - Tariq Ali and Ken McMullen have adapted a pakistani short story biographical and critical notes by Saadat Hasan Manto about the pakistani partition of the Subcontinent, biographical and critical notes for a 90-minute film. pakistani Intro and stills are given here.
- Poet, Scholar Hashmi in Iowa - This is a useful and relevant introduction to world literature the work of the major English poet and world literature scholar Professor Alamgir Hashmi, who suggested important principles world literature of cultural coexistene a quarter century ago.
- Postcolonial and Postimperial Authors - A list of well-known authors from Pakistan and world literature the biographical and critical notes Indian Subcontinent. The main site has many world literature useful links.
MySQL - Cache Direct