Antheil, George Composers Composition Music
American composer George Anthiel was born at the beginning of the Modern period, in 1900, in Trenton, New Jersey and died in 1959. From jazz textures and a Stravinsky influence, he later moved to neo-romantic and neo-classical elements, also writing film scores. He had an extensive filmography and was also awarded a patent (with actress Hedy Lamarr) for a torpedo control device in 1940.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: A: Antheil, George
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Early 20th Century
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/North America/American
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Dance/Ballet/Composers
- George Antheil - Biography, work list, select discography.
- OAC: Antheil (George) motion picture and television music collection - 27 boxes of scores and parts, probably not readily accessible.
- The Life and Music of George Antheil - Tribute site by the Paris Transatlantic Media and a the Friends of George Antheil. Includes biographical notes, a discography and filmography, MP3 clips, and links to a related sites.
- Find A Grave: George Antheil - Biography and photographs of his grave site.
- Classical Composers Database: George Antheil - Picture and music.
- The Ballet Mecanique page - This page is totally devoted to this work and its performances.
MySQL - Cache Direct