Arne, Michael Composers Composition Music
English Classical period composer Michael Arne (ca.1740-1786) is normally considered to have been the adopted son of composer Thomas Augustine Arne. Some, however, speculate that he was Thomas' natural son, perhaps born out of wedlock. He was noted as a song writer for the London stage, composed or collaborated on several operas, and found a good measure of financial success. However, he lost his fortune through speculation in alchemy and died in poverty.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: A: Arne, Michael
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/English
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Arne Family
- Arne, Michael (1741 - 1786), United Kingdom - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, bibliography, and links to biographical essays.
- Michael Arne - Brief biography and links to related composers and topics from arne, michael the Here of a Sunday Morning radio program.
- Arne, Michael - Musical biography of the son of Thomas Arne arne, michael notes composers his various fields of endeavor. From the arne, michael Grove Concise composers Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR arne, michael radio.
MySQL - Cache Direct