Bourgeois, Loys Composers Composition Music
French composer Loys (Louis) Bourgeois (c. 1510-c. 1561) is best known for his work with the Calvinist Psalter. He was also a theorist whose Le droict chemin of 1550 is counted the first French didactic manual on sight-reading and singing. Among the pieces for which he receives attribution is the "Old 100th" metrical Psalm tune.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: B: Bourgeois, Loys
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Music/Hymns/Hymnology/Hymnals/Genevan Psalter
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/French
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Music/Hymns/Authors and Composers
- Loys Bourgeois - Biographical sketch focusing on his Psalm settings with partial discography. composers From the Here Of A Sunday Morning radio program.
- Louis Bourgeois - Short biography and links to attributed hymn tunes b from the Cyber Hymnal.
- Bourgeois, Loys - Biography noting his original compositions and adaptations, trouble composers with Calvinist authorities over religious settings, and theoretical composers writings from the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music composers entry at WQXR radio.
MySQL - Cache Direct