Cimarosa, Domenico Nicola Composers Composition Music
Italian Classical period composer Domenico Nicola Cimarosa (1749-1801) is remembered for his operas, mainly in the opera buffo style. Il matrimonio segreto, based in part on the English comedy The Clandestine Marriage, may have been his most popular work. He also wrote religious works, concertos and keyboard sonatas.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: C: Cimarosa, Domenico Nicola
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Italian
- Cimarosa, Domenico (1749-1801) - Biographical sketch and caricature with summary of his operas and recommended recordings featuring his works.
- Domenico Cimarosa: Overture to The Secret Marriage - Burgess Hill Symphony Orchestra repertoire listing with biography, cimarosa, domenico nicola composers analysis of the opera, and summary of this cimarosa, domenico nicola composers piece.
- Domenico Cimarosa (1749-1801) - Miscellaneous songs with German, English, and French texts cimarosa, domenico nicola cimarosa, domenico nicola from recmusic.org.
- Domenico Cimarosa - Classical Composers Database entry with praise from contemporaries, including the c Austrian Emperor.
- Cimarosa, Domenico - Biography showing multi-instrumental abilities and compositional talent in varied forms, especially opera plus summary list of works. From the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
MySQL - Cache Direct