Macfarren, George Alexander, Sir Composers Composition Music
English composer George Alexander Macfarren (1813-1887) wrote operas, songs, hymns, and instrumental music and was also an author and editor. He was knighted in 1883, twenty-three years after going blind.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: M: Macfarren, George Alexander, Sir
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/English
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Macfarren Family
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Music/Hymns/Authors and Composers
- Macfarren, Sir George Alexander - Biography noting studies, teaching, compositional and writing achievements, composers blindness, and eventual knighthood from the Grove Concise composers Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
- Two Songs: Sir G.A.Macfarren - Brief biographical sketch with information on some of his clarinet works.
- George Alexander Macfarren - Biography, portrait, and links to hymns with MIDI audio.
- George Alexander MacFarren (1813-1887) - Listing at The Lied and Art Song Texts Page with lyrics to selected vocal works.
MySQL - Cache Direct