Mazzinghi, Joseph Composers Composition Music
English composer Joseph Mazzinghi (1765-1844) studied under J. C. Bach, was music director and harpsichordist of the King's Theatre, and taught piano (among his students was the Princess of Wales). He wrote stage works, instrumental works for amateurs, and variations and arrangements for piano, harp and flute. He also wrote many songs. Of these, Ye Shepherds Tell Me may have enjoyed greatest and longest-lasting favor.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: M: Mazzinghi, Joseph
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Dance/Ballet/Composers
- Top/Arts/Art History/Artists/S/Sargent, John Singer
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/English
- Ye Shepherds Tell Me by Joseph Mazzinghi - Richly illustrated description of the interaction of the composers song with composers artist John Singer Sargent\\'s painting "Carnation, composers Lily, Lily, Rose." Includes composers lyrics.
- Mazzinghi, Joseph - Brief biography noting early giftedness, studies, positions held, and major genres from the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
MySQL - Cache Direct