Musgrave, Thea Composers Composition Music
Scottish-born Thea Musgrave (1928-) is especially noted as an opera composer, as well as a conductor. She has also spent considerable time teaching, especially in the United States. Among her operas and related works are Harriet, the Woman Called Moses, Mary, Queen of Scots, and Simón Bolívar. She also wrote several well-received instrumental pieces, including concertos.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: M: Musgrave, Thea
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/North America/American
- Top/Arts/Music/Women in Music/Composers
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Scottish
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Dance/Ballet/Composers
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/B/Boulanger, Nadia Juliette/Students
- Thea Musgrave (1928 - ) by Francis Routh - Reprint of material from Contemporary British Music details m compositional growth in idiom, style, and structure. Includes m links.
- Thea Musgrave - Information on her life and work with internal musgrave, thea and musgrave, thea external links to related material from about.com.
- Sequenza21: Musgrave - Biographical and musicological article written in anticipation of m Musgrave\\'s 75th birthday and other articles from the m contemporary classical weekly.
MySQL - Cache Direct