Stanford, Charles Villiers, Sir Composers Composition Music
Irish late Romantic composer Sir Charles Villiers Stanford (1852-1924) often gets lost among his contemporaries, such as Elgar, and his students, including Vaughn Williams and Holst. However, his music stands well on its own. His church music, particularly for organ, may be his most remembered body of work. He helped to introduce a new English style of composition based upon his uniting Celtic and Germanic musical influences.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: S: Stanford, Charles Villiers, Sir
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Music/Hymns/Authors and Composers
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Irish
- Sir Charles Villiers Stanford - Musica Classica Classical Music Dictionary entry with life, stanford, charles villiers, sir works, links to famous students, including Vaughn Williams, stanford, charles villiers, sir Holst, and Grainger, and MIDI audio file.
- Charles Villiers Stanford - Biography and music of hymnic compositions in MIDI s audio with scores from the Cyber Hymnal.
- Standford, Charles Villiers (1852 - 1924) - Brief biography and recommended recording of organ music.
- The Musical Times: Charles Villiers Stanford 1852-1924 - Reprint of the 1924 memoriam in the English s classical music composers magazine. Extended biography with sympathetic and s enthusiastic treatment.
- Stanford, Charles Villiers (1852 - 1924), Ireland - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, bibliography, and composers link to biographical essay from Dr. Estrella\'s Incredibly Abridged Dictionary composers of Composers.
MySQL - Cache Direct