Walther, Johann Composers Composition Music
Johann Walther (1496-1570) was a German kantor, composer, and hymn writer. He became a friend of Martin Luther and Philipp Melanchthon and wrote, arranged, and collected hymnody and other religious songs for the fledgling Evangelical movement during the Lutheran Reformation. Among his greatest achievements is the Geistliches Gesangbüchlein of 1524, the first collection of Lutheran chorale settings, plus motets. After Wittenberg, Walther served in the Saxon court chapels in Torgau and, later, in Dresden.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: W: Walther, Johann
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Lutheran/People
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Lutheran/Theology/Practical/Liturgy and Music
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/German
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Music/Hymns/Authors and Composers
- Johann Walther: The Bridegroom Soon Will Call Us - English text of hymn with links to German composers lyrics and tune in MIDI audio.
- Johannes Walter - Biography, major accomplishments, and related composer and genre links from the Here Of A Sunday Morning radio program.
- Johann Walther (1496-1570) - Biography and relationship with Martin Luther plus list of hymns and tunes.
MySQL - Cache Direct