Alla Rakha Artists Hindustani Classical Indian
Ustad Alla Rakha Khan (1919-2000) was a master of the Punjab school of tabla performance. He began his musical career in radio and composed music for more than two dozen films. His partnership with Ravi Shankar brought him worldwide recognition as a percussionist and brought Hindustani music to international attention. He also performed solo and in duets and trios with his sons Zakir Hussain and Fazal Qureshi.
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: C: Classical Indian: Hindustani: Artists: Alla Rakha
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/C/Classical Indian/Hindustani/Artists/Shankar, Ravi
- Moment Records: Alla Rakha - Biography of the legendary tabla player and doyen hindustani of Punjab alla rakha Gharana.
- Alla Rakha Memorial - Article by Fred Lieberman and an excerpt from Drumming at artists the Edge about Mickey Hart\'s first meeting with Rakha.
- Tabla.com: In Loving Memory of Ustad Alla Rakha - Biography and links to news reports.
- Rediff On The Net: Ustad Alla Rakha Chat - Transcript of a chat session held in 1999.
- NPR : Usted Allarakha Khan - Interview with Indian music promoter Balwant Dixit.
- John Byrne Cooke Photography - Photographs of Ravi Shankar and Alla Rakha performing at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival.
- The Guardian: Alla Rakha - Obituary by Reginald Massey.
- The Music Magazine: Following Another Beat - Article by Sugandhi Ravindranathan.
MySQL - Cache Direct