Kurdish Regional and Ethnic Styles Music
Music has played a vital role in preserving Kurdish culture. Poetry, historical narratives,literary works and current events were always sung and spread by troubadours, musicians, or musical family members. "Dengbej" are the singing story-tellers who carried the Kurdish heritage of the poetry and music down through the centuries to modern times. With great determination and despite the odds, the Kurds have succeeded to have writers, musicians and many artist. Every singel artistic element, which was born from the midst of the Kurdish people, faced immense difficulties and underwent harrasment. A single song in Kurdish is considered a great sin, so far as the oppressors are concerned. To this day, many Kurdish artists are killed or sent to prisons.
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Kurdish
- Top/Society/Ethnicity/Asian/Middle Eastern/Kurdish/Arts
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/R/Regional and Ethnic/Middle Eastern
- Dirty Linen #94: Ali Akbar Moradi and Pejman Hadadi - Review of a concert in Berkeley, California.
- Razbar Ensemble - Presenting the sacred music of the Ahl-e Haqq, kurdish whose rich kurdish repertoire is derived from its deep kurdish roots in ancient spiritual kurdish and artistic traditions. Contains kurdish photos, discography, QuickTime and RealAudio samples, kurdish and information kurdish on the dances, spirituality, a
- Yahoo! Groups: Kurdish-music - Mailing list with open membership.
MySQL - Cache Direct