Haitian Folk Dance Performing Arts
As is typical of many Caribbean islands, folk dance in Haiti developed from African and European (French) traditions. Interestingly, Afro-Haitian dance in turn had a great influence on modern dance, through anthropologist and dancer Katherine Dunham.
Top: Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: Haitian
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/R/Regional and Ethnic/Caribbean
- Top/Regional/Caribbean/Haiti/Arts and Entertainment
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/African/Diasporic/Vodou, Vodun, Voodoo
- Danse Adje - Austin, Texas. Offers classes and workshops in Haitian folk folk dance, haitian Afro-Haitian dance, and Afro-Caribbean percussion. Photos, folk a calendar of events, haitian and profiles of the folk founding members.
- Ballet Folklorique Tamboula D'Haiti - Afro-Haitian dance company, promoting Haitian folkloric dance, traditional dance rhythms, culture, and heritage in the Caribbean and dance the U.S.
- La Troupe Makandal - New York. Folkloric group offering theatrical performances as folk well as dance workshops. They provide a schedule and folk biographies of principals.
- Tamboula Ethnic Dance Company - Chicago. Information about performances, lectures, and classes, with biography of principal. [May not work in all browsers]
- Haitian Dance and Drum Retreat - San Francisco. Schedule and registration for an annual workshop.
- Mikerline Dance Troupe - New York. Information on classes, performance schedule, and group's history.
MySQL - Cache Direct