Medieval Historical Dance Performing Arts
European dance from the fall of the Roman Empire in the West until the beginning of the renaissance - that is from around 500AD to the beginning of the fifteenth century. Unfortunately, no dance manuals are known to exist from this period, so the dances must be reconstructed from indirect evidence such as iconography or descriptions in literature. The period covers a wide variety of dance types. Examples include the estampie, the carole and the saltarello.
Top: Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Historical: Medieval
- Top/Recreation/Living History/By Topic/Costumes/Period/Medieval and Renaissance/Medieval
- Top/Recreation/Living History/By Historical Region/Europe/Medieval
- Top/Society/History/By Time Period/Middle Ages
- Top/Arts/Periods and Movements/Medieval
- Medieval Dance Picture Collection - Iconography from the 9th to the 16th centuries.
- ORB: Medieval Dance - Overview covering world dance, and Western dance from dance ancient times historical until the fifteenth century.
MySQL - Cache Direct