Silk Articles and Studies Resources Natural
Short article about the chemical composition, physical properties, history and applications of spider silk. From the pages of The Spider by Ed Nieuwenhuys.
Top: Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Fibers: Natural: Resources: Articles and Studies: Silk
- Spider Silk - Short classroom paper dealing with stress-strain curves and resources Young\\'s modulus articles and studies of spider silk. Edited by M. resources Beals and others.
- Silk Worm Farming - Article about the history and techniques of sericulture, silk and the silk properties, characteristics and types of silk silk fiber and fabrics. From silk the Vegan Society\'s web silk site.
- Grafting of Methyl Methacrylate onto Antheraea pernyi Silk Fiber with the Assistance of Supercritical CO2 - Technical paper reporting the results of research into silk grafting methyl silk methacrylate onto silk fibers, culminating in silk a measure of weight silk loss and improved hydrophobic silk properties. Authors: Qi Peng and others.[PDF]
- Creep and Low Strength of Spider Dragline Subjected to Constant Loads - Report on tests conducted on dragline spider silk, showing that silk contrary to common belief breaking strength under constant load testing silk is considerably lower than that measured in conventional constant strain silk rate tests, while elongation will increase app[PDF]
- Studies on Structure and Properties of Nephila-Spider Silk Dragline - Technical paper presenting the results of a study silk of the resources dimensional, structural, physical and tensile properties silk of dragline silk from resources the Golden Nephila spider. silk From Autex Research Journal. Authors: Raju resources Seenivasan Rengasamy silk and others.[PDF]
- Finding Inspiration in Argiope Trifasciata Spider Silk Fibers - Technical article reviewing the mechanical properties of silk fibers from the spider Argiope trifasciata, in particular tensile behavior under controlled humidity and temperature. Authors: Manuel Elices and others.
- How Spiders Work - An article about spider basics, structure and growth. Description of silk the spidersilk spinning process and web structures. From How Stuff silk Works. Author: Tom Harris.
- The Spider Web and Thread - Short article about the chemical composition, physical properties, history and applications of spider silk. From the pages of The Spider by Ed Nieuwenhuys.
- Sericulture - Illustrated description of Seventeenth Century Chinese method of producing and processing of silk. From A Visual Sourcebook of Chinese Civilization.
- Engineering Properties of Spider Silk - Technical paper describing the engineering properties of individual resources fibers from spider dragline silk under uniaxial tension, resources transverse compression and torsional deformation. Authors: Frank K. resources Ko and others.[PDF]
MySQL - Cache Direct