Articles and Studies Resources Natural Fibers
From Emily McCauley's home page on global environment issues. Alternative fibers for the textile, papermaking and nonwovens industries. Links to natural fibers sites.
Top: Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Fibers: Natural: Resources: Articles and Studies
- Top/Business/Textiles and Nonwovens/Resources/Composite Materials/Articles and Studies
- Top/Business/Textiles and Nonwovens/Fibers/Man-made/Resources/Articles and Studies
- Chitosan Medical Dressings - Technical paper providing an overview of the properties of chitosan resources fiber in woven and nonwoven medical dressings, collected from a resources survey of current research. Author: Antoni Niekraszewicz.[PDF]
- Fiber Morphology and New Crops - From the Purdue University\\'s Horticulture department. Scientific study of wood fiber characteristics. References, tables and diagrams.
- Fibers of Vegetal and Animal Origin - Detailed draft list of definitions and classifications of natural the various fibers derived from plants and animals. natural From the Food and Agriculture Organization of the natural United Nations.
- The Milkweed Business - From Wiley, New York. An article on the articles and studies resources history, production, product development, processing and uses of articles and studies resources milkweed fiber. Authors: Herbert D. Knudsen and Richard articles and studies resources D. Zeller.
- Jute - Short article describing the retting, stripping, washing, drying and grading articles and studies process for jute fibers.
- Oil Sorption by Lignocellulosic Fibers - Report on a test conducted on cotton, moss, resources and kenaf natural bast and core fiber to determine resources their oil sorption capabilities. natural Authors: Beom-Goo Lee, James resources H. Han, and Roger M. Rowell.[PDF]
- Summary Report for European Union Fibre Crops - Detailed summary of discussions and papers presented at resources the Natural natural Fibres Performance Forum, organized by the resources Interactive European Network for natural Industrial Crops and their resources Applications. Compiled by Olesa and Plackett.[PDF]
- Flax - Description of the flax plant (Phormium tenax) and articles and studies modern methods of flax fiber processing, including a articles and studies history of flax trade from New Zealand, and articles and studies information about Maori uses of flax fiber. From articles and studies The Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- Bamboo Fiber - Extensive technical description and specification of the characteristics, natural chemical structure, resources properties and applications in yarn spinning natural and weaving of bamboo resources fibers. From Bambro Textile natural Co., Ltd.[PDF]
- Strategy for a Sustainable Future of Fibre Crops - Detailed review of current efforts in the development of West resources European flax and hemp fiber for textile, nonwovens and composite resources applications, and the lack of progress in commercial processing and resources marketing due to the high costs of material production. Aut[PDF]
- Characterization and Factors Effecting Fiber Properties - Technical paper describing the chemical and physical properties of agro-fibers and factors which effect fiber properties. Authors: Roger M. Rowell and others.[PDF]
- Quality Requirements of Flax, Linseed and Hemp Fiber for Insulation Materials - Technical article defining the basic properties and characteristics of overretted articles and studies and stem unripened bast fibers for industrial insulation products and articles and studies systems. Authors: Hanna-Riita Kymalainen and others.[PDF]
- The Use of Natural Fibres in Nonwoven Structures for Applications as Automotive Component Substrates - Report of a study to determine the current status of natural knowledge and commercial usage of natural fibers as flax, hemp, natural jute and kenaf in the pan-European automotive components industry, and natural to identify present constraints and future market opportunities. Au[PDF]
- Plant Fibers - Extensive information about the physical construction of natural plant fibers, articles and studies and paper and textiles manufactured from plant fibers. From pages articles and studies of the natural history textbook, Wayne's Word.
- Fibers - Lecture notes on natural fibers, and man-made fibers manufactured from resources natural polymers, including chemical structure, properties and applications.[PDF]
- Botanicolor! - Presentation of natural fibers and dyes, and the plants from which they are produced. Fiber and dye extraction, processing and application explained with text and photographs. English and German. Authors: Maja and Max Wills.
- Bagasse Fiber for Production of Nonwoven Materials - Doctor of Philosophy dissertation about the development of natural a commercial method of characterization of the physical natural properties of bagasse and other fibers obtained through natural atmospheric extraction, and the creation and analyzation of natural different nonwoven struc[PDF]
- Green Fibres and Their Potential in Diversified Applications - Article about the possible uses of woody core, natural bast, leaf, cane, straw, grass and seed fibers natural in building materials, food, cosmetics, medicine, and textile natural and nonwovens production. Author: Ryszard Kozlowski.
- Lecture Notes: Plant Fiber Materials - Definitions and descriptions of the various plant fibers used in resources the textile, papermaking, and the spices and herbes industries. Extensive resources links to related sites. From the University of Maryland.
- Flax Fiber: Potential for a New Crop in the Southeast - Extensive paper about the cultivation, processing, properties, developments resources and applications articles and studies of flax fibers. From the Purdue resources University\\'s Center for New articles and studies Crops and Plant Products. resources Also available on PDF. Authors: J.A. articles and studies Foulk and resources others.
- The Dry-line Method In Bast Fiber Production - Doctoral thesis introducing a new harvesting and processing articles and studies method for flax fiber, linseed flax and hemp articles and studies fiber. Author: Antti Pasila.[PDF]
- Fibers, Dyes and Tannins - Concise descriptions of the classification, extraction processes, harvesting and cultivation natural of plant and animal hair fibers. Also, natural dyes and natural leather tanning materials.
- Ramie - Technical paper about the history, origin, cultivation, properties resources and textile resources applications of ramie fiber. Author: D.P. resources Singh.[PDF]
- Comparative Studies of Pulping of Jute Fiber, Cutting and Caddis - Technical paper presenting the results of a comprarative articles and studies natural study, evaluating retted jute fiber, jute cutting and articles and studies natural jute caddis for processing properties, characteristics and use articles and studies natural in producing dissolving pulp by the pre-hydrolised kraft articles and studies natural process. Authors: M. Sar
- The Industrial Potential of Fibre from UK-Grown Crops - Scientific report on the assessment of the potential feasibility of natural fiber from twelve crops suitable for growing in the United natural Kingdom, for use in the pulp and paper, wood-based panel natural and textile industries. Author: David Bruce.[PDF]
- Study on the Splitting of Bamboo Fibers Due to Freezing - Paper describing the results of a study to resources examine a new method to obtain fine bamboo resources fibers as a replacement for glass fibers as resources the reinforcement component in thermoplastic composites. Authors: Masako resources Ashimori and others.[PDF]
- The Role of Research and Development in the Global Competitiveness of Natural Fiber Products - Overview of the current production and consumption of resources natural fibers resources and the current status of research resources and development, and a resources review of the future resources drivers for the growth and competitiveness resources of natural resources fibers. Author: Rajesh D. Anandjiwala.[PDF]
- Ramie: The Different Bast Fiber Crop - Australian New Crops Newsletter article about the history, cultivation, fiber natural extraction and mechanical properties, and commercial applications of ramie fiber. natural Author: Ian Wood.
- Alternative Fibers - From Emily McCauley\\'s home page on global environment articles and studies articles and studies issues. Alternative fibers for the textile, papermaking and articles and studies articles and studies nonwovens industries. Links to natural fibers sites.
- Some Revealing Facts behind the Production of Bamboo Fabrics - Alternative view about the manufacturing of bamboo fibers articles and studies for the making of weaving yarns, arguing that articles and studies the chemicals needed to grow bamboo and the articles and studies chemical processes required to produce viscose bamboo cellulose articles and studies are harmfull to the environment. From the T
- Research into the Process of Manufacturing Alginate-Chitosan Fibres - Technical paper, describing two different methods used in the development of two-component core-skin type alginate-chitosan fibers for medical applications. Authors: Wlodzimierz Steplewski and others.[PDF]
- Fiber Plants - Short descriptions of a variety of plants which can be articles and studies used as a source of natural fiber for the textile, articles and studies rope and papermaking industries. From Plants for a Future.
- Harvesting of Textile Animal Fibres - Comprehensive textbook about textile fiber producing animals, animal fiber production, articles and studies fiber characteristics and end uses, and fiber harvesting and preparation articles and studies for sale or processing. From the Food and Agriculture Organization articles and studies (FAO) of the United Nations.
- Effect of Mechanical Treatment on Softwood Kraft Fiber properties - Doctor of Technology thesis about research aimed at resources gaining a articles and studies better understanding of the changes affecting resources softwood fiber strength properties articles and studies and fiber wall structure resources after mechanical treatment. Author: Olli Joutsimo.[PDF]
- Optimization of Methods of Fibre Preparation from Agricultural Raw Materials - Extensive paper about the potential of European Union resources based growers articles and studies of industrial fiber crops, to successfully resources compete on the world articles and studies market of lignocellulosic fibers. resources Author: Dr. J.E.G. van Dam.[PDF]
- Sisal Industry - Short history of the development of the sisal articles and studies articles and studies fiber industry on the Turk and Caicos Islands. articles and studies articles and studies From the Turk and Caicos National Museum.
- Underexploited Temperate Industrial and Fiber Crops - Technical paper examining the current status of several natural potential industrial fiber crops as they relate to natural their application in textile and nonwoven products. Author: natural Richard J. Roseberg.
- Draft American Organic Standards for Fiber: Post Harvest Handling, Processing, Record Keeping and Labeling - Final draft of the codification of standards for organically grown natural fiber post harvest handling, processing and practices focused on the textile industry. From the Organic Trade Association. Author: Peter Murray. Revised by Lynn S. Coody.[PDF]
- Banana Fibers - Variability and Fracture Behaviour - Technical paper describing an investigation into the diameter articles and studies variability and mechanical properties of banana fibers obtained articles and studies from the banana plant, with an emphasis on articles and studies fracture morphology. From the Journal of Engineered Fibers articles and studies and Fabrics. Authors: Samra[PDF]
MySQL - Cache Direct