History Resources Fibers Textiles and Nonwovens
On-line excerpts of the writer's book, "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", dealing with the history of hemp, its past uses and future possibilities.
Top: Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Fibers: Resources: History
- Worm Spit - Michael Cook\\'s homepage about sericulture, and the harvesting, processing and fibers dyeing of silk fiber. Library of full text out of fibers copyrighted antique books, articles, monographs, and images about silk, on fibers PDF files. Links to related sites.
- Linen - Excerpt of The Linen Industry in North Lancashire fibers and Cumbria, history 1660-1830, presenting the history of the fibers flax cultivation and linen history textile industry of North-West fibers England. Author: Margaret Robinson.
- The History of Cotton in Oklahoma - Short history of cotton cultivation in Oklahoma, USA, history beginning in resources 1908 and developing into one of history the most valuable agricultural resources crops of the state. history From the Oklahoma State University\'s web resources site.
- Silk Production in the 17th Century - History of the development of the silk trade. Description of sericulture, and the properties of silk fiber and cloth. From Jamestown Historic Briefs.
- Flax as an Object for Studying Social History. - Blog by Josh MacFadyen started to collect stories history pertaining to flax processing and manufacturing in North history America between the mid 19th Century and the history Great Depression. Links to papers and related sites.
- Carbon Fiber History - Short history of carbon fiber, from Thomas Edison\\'s invention and use of carbon filaments for early light bulbs in 1879 to its current applications as reinforcement material for composites. From the Carbon Fiber Info web site.
- Hemp Textile Room - Part of the USA Hemp Museum project, providing a history history of the uses of hemp in textile fabrics for military, history sailcloth and industrial applications.
- Flax & Linen - Homepage about the history and development of flax fibers and linen resources in Belgium. Information about flax cultivation, fibers harvesting and processing into resources linen fibers, and the fibers home-based flax industry in the 18th resources and 19th fibers centuries.
- Cotton: From Field to Fabric - Fact sheet about the origins of cotton, cotton history cultivation, grading and processing, and the properties and history applications of cotton in textiles and garments. From history the Georgia Cotton Commission's web site.[PDF]
- History of Cotton in India - Introduction to the history, development and future scenarios for the fibers cotton growing and processing industry in India. From Ikisan, Ltd.
- Northampton Silk Project - Community wide effort to uncover, understand and convey fibers the story resources of mulberry silk in Northampton, Massachusetts, fibers and its place in resources the history of silk fibers throughout the world.
- The History of Wool - Short history of sheep breeding, wool fiber processing and cloth resources weaving, beginning in Asia Minor during the Stone Age and resources spreading around the world at the turn of the 18th resources century. From the Kentucky Sheep and Wool Producers Association\\'s web resources site.
- History of Du Pont's Nylon Fibers - Extensive history of the Du Pont de Nemours Company, the invention of the polyamide polymer and subsequently developed man-made fibers, and their commercialization in consumer and industrial products. From CHA, Inc.
- Cotton History - Information resource on the history of cotton, including fibers links to resources cotton spinning, weaving, dyeing and printing, fibers the Industrial Revolution, and resources cotton production and trade. fibers From the Plant Cultures web site.
- A Short Cultural History of Linen - The history of flax cultivation from the ancient history Egyptians in 5000 BC to the present, including history a description of linen fibers extraction and processing. history From The Linen Weavers' web site.
- The History of Cotton - Short history of cotton cultivation and processing in fibers Pakistan. Industry facts and figures, and weather and fibers government legal information. Links to related sites. From fibers the Pakistan Cotton Ginners' Association (PCGA).
- Virgin River Cotton Mission - The history of the Mormon settlement of the resources Salt Lake valley in 1847 and the development resources of cotton cultivation in the area, which peaked resources during the American Civil War and was abandoned resources near the end of the 19th Century. From resources the Hurricane Valley Journal. A
- Silk - From the Vegan Society\\'s pages. The history of silk. Production, fibers properties and uses of silk fiber. A critical look on fibers the exploitation of the silk worm in industrial processes.
- Wild Fibres - Information resource about the history of natural fibers from animals history and plants, and their use for weaving, spinning and dyeing. history Glossary of terms. Textile timeline from the Stone Age to history the Victorian period.
- Spinning the Web - Manchester Library and Information Service led New Opportunities Fund internet fibers project, presenting the history and development of the cotton industry, fibers and the impact it had on the British economy and fibers society.
- History of Sericulture - Short history of silk production from the Bombyx fibers Mori moth for yarn making applications, from 2700 fibers BC to the present times. Author: Dr. Ron fibers Cherry.
- Staplcotn - The First 75 Years - The history of the origin and growth of history the Mississippi cotton marketing organization, including a detailed history history of cotton cultivation, processing and manufacturing in history the United States.
- A House Divided, America in the Age of Lincoln - Chicago Historical Society\\'s web site about the history resources of the fibers American Civil War, including the slave resources trade and its importance fibers in the development of resources the US cotton growing and textile fibers industries. Extensive resources slide show on slavery and the cotton industry, fibers resources an
- Flax Page - Web site of the North Dakota State University history containing the history and industrial uses of flax, history links to article search and a catalog of history photographs.
- Flax Production in the 17th Century - Brief history on growing flax crops for linen manufacturing. Descriptions fibers of flax fiber, its properties and uses, and methods of fibers processing. From Jamestown Historic Briefs.
- The History of Flax Use in New Zealand - Short article about the history of flax plants and fibers the Maori people used as a raw material for clothing, food gathering, hunting, fishing, homeware and medicine, long before the arrival of European settlers. Links to linen weaving and dyeing. Autho
- Fabric History - Time line with concise descriptions for natural and fibers man-made fibers, utilised in the manufacture of textile fibers fabrics. From Fabriclink.Com.
- Fiber Wars - Historical record of the hemp industry, introducing hemp history and its resources early importance to mankind, and defining history hemp\\'s political struggle in resources the 20th century. Author: history Dr. David P. West.
- The History of British Wool - A history of wool processing and the manufacture resources of woollen fibers yarns and fabrics on the British resources Islands, from the Bronze fibers Age to modern times. resources From the web site of the fibers British Wool resources Marketing Board.
- Jack Herer.Com - On-line excerpts of the writer\\'s book, "The Emperor resources Wears No Clothes", dealing with the history of resources hemp, its past uses and future possibilities.
- Mohair - The Diamond Fiber - The history of mohair and angora fiber uses fibers and goat resources breeding, from biblical times to the fibers present day. From the resources Singing Falls web site.
- Cotton - A History - Collection of short narratives about the history of resources cotton, from pre-history to the present, in trade resources and industry, and its role in slavery and resources African culture. From the New Internationalist Magazine.
- Cotton: King of Crops in Georgia - Fact sheet about the history of cotton cultivation, history the invention of the cotton gin by Eli history Whitney, the inventive uses of cotton during the history Industrial Revolution in the US, the appearance of history the Boll Weevil which severely damaged cotton production, history and cu[PDF]
- Plant Cultures - Cotton - Information about the plant profile, history, production and history trade of resources cotton fiber and by-products in textiles, history food and medicine. From resources Plant Cultures.
- A Short History of Manufactured Fibers - History of manufactured fiber from the invention of history artificial silk in 1855 to the wash and history wear revolution of acrylic, polyester and microfiber. Time history line for first US production of various fibers. history From Fibersource. Com.
MySQL - Cache Direct