Compression Algorithms Computers
Detailed narrative fully describes how a file is actually deflated, or compressed to get rid of redundancy - and save space.
Top: Computers: Algorithms: Compression
- Top/Science/Technology/Electrical Engineering/Image Processing/Data Coding and Compression
- Top/Science/Math/Applications/Communication Theory/Coding Theory
- Top/Computers/Data Formats/Graphics/2D/GIF
- Top/Science/Math/Numerical Analysis/Wavelets
- Top/Computers/Data Formats/Graphics/2D/PNG
- Top/Computers/Software/Data Compression
- Top/Computers/Multimedia/Music and Audio/Audio Formats
- Top/Computers/Data Formats/Graphics/2D/JPEG
- Dr Ross's Compression Crypt - LZRW* text compression algorithms. Links to other compression sites.
- The Art of Lossless Data Compression - Results of tests performed to compare lossless compression compression of various computers data by all known good compression enough programs. Descriptions computers of test terms and compression files. Links to related programs, and computers pages.
- SPIHT - The Set Partitioning In Hierarchical Trees algorithm for image and algorithms video compression. Documentation and resources.
- How Stuff Works: How File Compression Works - Detailed narrative fully describes how a file is actually deflated, or compressed to get rid of redundancy - and save space.
- Arturo Campos: Compression Programming - Articles on various compression algorithms.
- Sparse Matrix Compression Schemes - Pseudocode for a spare matrix compression algorithm.
- Data-Compression.com - A website devoted to the principles and practice compression of data algorithms compression.
- comp.compression Frequently Asked Questions - List from Usenet.
- PKZIP Application Note - Describes the compression and decompression algorithms used by algorithms PKZIP.
- Data Compression - From PC Webopedia definition and links.
- The Canterbury Corpus - A set of benchmark results for various lossless compression methods. Includes test files and compression test results for many research compression methods.
- Data Compression Reference Center - Basic facts, algorithms, hardware, links, and a glossary.
- The LBE Data Compression Algorithm - A Huffman like algorithm that uses triangular matrices, algorithms rather than binary trees, for string substitution. algorithms Free source code available.
- Vcodex - Video and image coding tutorials, links, resources and computers research.
- Tutorial on Image Compression - A tutorial on Image Compression, with step by computers step procedural examples and list of references, along computers with sample code.
- DataCompression.info - Directory of data compression sites. Allows user algorithms to rate compression the listed sites.
- MacKiDo - Provides brief overview of shape compression, run-length encoding, algorithms and Lempel-Ziv.
- Practical Huffman Coding - A tutorial by Michael Schindler.
- Compression via Arithmetic Coding in Java - Unrestricted open-source Java implementation of the PPM (prediction by partial computers matching) algorithm for text and data compression by Bob Carpenter. computers Builds with ant.
- Compression - Computing Reference - Explanation of compression and various compression schemes at algorithms eLook Computing algorithms Reference.
- ACM Crossroads Data Compression Issue - Data Compression issue of ACM Crossroads, the student algorithms magazine of compression the Association for Computing Machinery.
- The Data Compression Resource - Algorithms, links, comparisons, conferences, corpora and the home of the compressor ABC.
MySQL - Cache Direct