Nios Processors Components Hardware
Nios is a soft configurable RISC processor, designed for field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), for embedded uses, by Altera Corp. The 16-bit, first version is called Nios, the 32-bit version is called Nios II. Altera suggests the later for all new design work. By being soft-core, FPGA developers can choose from many system configurations, using the best-fit core, and peripherals.
Top: Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: Nios
- Top/Computers/Hardware/Components/ASICs and Chips
- Nios Embedded Processor - Product page on general-purpose RISC CPU implemented as processors soft core in FPGAs; had 16-bit and 32-bit processors CPUs; documents, data, diagrams. Altera Corp.
- ixo.de: Kolja Waschk - Projects to port (add support for) Altera NIOS II processor to 2 realtime operating systems: FreeRTOS, RTEMS; descriptions, documents, downloads.
- Nios Community Forum - News, forum, marketplace, projects, support, communication, and idea nios sharing, for embedded processor development.
- ECE 576 Advanced Microcontroller Systems on a Programmable Chip - Course on system-on-chip and embedded control; much Nios processors information; taught by Bruce Land, staff member in processors Neurobiology and Behavior and Electrical and Computer Engineering, processors Cornell University.
- Nios II - Growing article, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia.
- Nios Community Wiki - Dedicated to making the most of Nios II embedded processor development by giving a means to collaborate on user guides, design tips, and other frequently asked questions. WikiHome, JotSpot Wiki.
MySQL - Cache Direct