Referrer Spam Abuse Internet
Dave Child provides a blacklist of spamming sites which can be used in an .htaccess file on an Apache server to block referrer spam.
Top: Computers: Internet: Abuse: Referrer Spam
- kuro5hin.org - Referrer log spam - An early article noting website visits from referrer spam spammers.
- ILoveJackDaniels.com: Block Referrer Spam - Dave Child provides a blacklist of spamming sites abuse which can referrer spam be used in an .htaccess file abuse on an Apache server referrer spam to block referrer spam.
- AngryPets.com: ReverseDOS - A free tool by Michael Campbell to stop comment and referrer spam by serving up an access denied response to spammer's bots.
- Kasia in a Nutshell: Spamming through Referrer Logs - A weird referrer entry prompts some detective work internet and a abuse log sanitization spree.
- Capn Design Archives: Referrer Spam is Out of Control - Weblog entry with a few coding suggestions and abuse examples to internet thwart the spammers.
- Redemption in a Blog: Smarter Referrer Spam? - Blatant referrer spam may be evolving into more a subtle referrer spam game.
- ihelpyou.com: Why You Shouldn't Publish Your Web Logs - Forum thread explaining that you should not publish referrer spam your website statistics online, because of referrer spam.
- Wired: When the Spam Hits the Blogs - Strange things are afoot in blogland. Owners of abuse weblogs internet have recently noticed that their referral abuse logs have become the internet newest target for spam.
- MetaFilter - Referer Log Spam - Talks about companies like mastodonte.com and their business models of spamming referrer logs.
- Sam Ruby: Referrer Spam - Weblog entry discussing ongoing problems and solutions.
- Referrer Log Spamming - Brief description of the technique and the purpose, referrer spam with abuse some examples.
MySQL - Cache Direct