Licenses Open Source Computers
Some very interesting articles on free software licensing: history, forms, and problems, seen from a commercial view. Links to some license texts and important open source sites.
Top: Computers: Open Source: Licenses
Open Source Software Licensing Page - Some very interesting articles on free software licensing: history, forms, and problems, seen from a commercial view. Links to some license texts and important open source sites.
- Vita Nuova Inferno Subscription License - Fee based, partly open source, for Lucent network OS.
- Affero - General Public License - Copyleft license, derived from the GNU-GPL, designed to protect software distributed as web services.
- Amulet License Agreement - CMU Amulet Toolkit License Agreement.
- BSD: FreeBSD Copyright - License for FreeBSD operating system.
- Bixoft Public License - A proposal for an Open Source license that computers clearly distinguishes between software programs and programming tools.
- Freshmeat - Listings of browseable licenses and articles.
- Open Source Initiative - Licenses - Copies of licenses approved by the Open Source computers Initiative.
- The Artistic License - Perl package license.
- PHP Licence Information - Covers licensing issues for developers distributing applications in PHP. Includes computers links to annotated version of the relevant licenses and other computers related resources.
- Against DRM 2.0 - A free copyleft license for artworks, which forbids open source DRM. Includes licence text, FAQ, and a few open source translations.
- GNU: List of Licenses - Various licenses and comments about them.
- Python License - A very permissive, open source compliant and GPL computers compatible license open source used by the team developing the computers Python programming language.
- BSD: OpenBSD Copyright Policy - License and background on Berkeley Computer Systems Research open source Group computers copyrights.
- Christian Software Public License (CSPL) - Christianized variant of BSD license.
- E Licenses - Mozilla or Mozilla compatible, for E programming language.
- Debian Social Contract - Initially designed as a set of commitments that licenses the Debian licenses developers agreed to abide by, it licenses has later been adopted licenses by the free software licenses community as the basis of the licenses Open Source licenses Definition. The Open Directory Project\\'s social contract was licenses licenses also inspired b
- Apache Server Licenses - Overview of the different versions of the Apache licenses.
- Apple: Apple Public Source License (APSL) - Apple's license for software released as source code.
- IBM - Common Public License (CPL) - Open source software license.
- Lucent Technologies, Inc. - Plan 9 Open Source license agreement
- Squeak License - License for the Squeak software suite, mainly provided open source by Apple.
- Quick Reference Guide - A chart comparing attributes of major licenses, including the option open source to select your bias.
- LaTeX Project Public License - Particularly suited for TeX-related programs.
- RTEMS License Information - RTEMS open source real-time operating system uses GNU open source Public License (GPL), except for some special, very open source limited exceptions.
- Mozart License Agreement - Mozart: an implementation of Oz 3 programming language.
- GNU General Public License (GPL) - One standard for licensing free software.
- Understanding Open Source and Free Software Licensing - Full text of the book by Andrew M. St. Laurent.[PDF]
- SFL License Agreement - Covers iMatix Corp., Standard Function Library (C/C++), its open source source computers code, documentation, executable files.
- W3C IPR Software Notice - W3C = World Wide Web Consortium, one of open source the open source Internet's main standard-setting bodies.
- Creative Commons - A non-profit that offers an alternative to full open source copyright. licenses Offering work under a open source Creative Commons licenses license does not mean giving up open source copyright. licenses It means offering some of open source an author\\'s rights to licenses any taker, and only open source on certain conditions.
- GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) - Formerly: GNU Library GPL.
- Amoeba copyright notice - A free software OS.
- BSD: 4.4BSD Copyright - License for 4.4BSD.
- Mozilla Public License Version 1.0 - Follows the Debian Free Software guidelines.
- Eiffel: ISE Free Eiffel Library License (IFELL) - For the EiffelBase library.
- License information for Xinu software - License for the XINU operating system
- Open Group Public License - Open Motif Graphical GUI Software, Public End User licenses License.
- Mozilla and Netscape Public Licenses - Describes the licensing policy of the Mozilla Foundation, with the licenses full texts of the various licenses, and FAQs.
- Lua Copyright notice - From Brazil, programming language framework.
- BSD: NetBSD Licensing and Redistribution - License patterned after FreeBSD Copyright.
- GNU Free Documentation License - A version of the GPL for reference material.
- Zope Public License (ZPL) - Patterned after Apache license.
- eCos License Overview - Summary of license for Red Hat eCos operating open source system.
- Ruby License - Dual terms: use GPL terms or its own terms.
- Liberal Source Software (LSS) - Hybrid licensing model, between free and commercial software licenses.
- x-kernel Copyright Notice - Arizona Board of Regents, University of Arizona.
- OpenSource.org: Open Source Definition - Not a license itself, but a definition of what conditions a license must fulfill in order to be termed an Open Source license.
- MySQL Licensing - Complex hybrid license: public domain, GPL, LGPL, Open Source, commercial.
MySQL - Cache Direct