Java Threads Programming
Many authors advocate the double-checked locking idiom to access a Singleton object in an intuitively thread-safe way. Unfortunately, for counterintuitive reasons, double-checked locking doesn't work in Java.
Top: Computers: Programming: Threads: Java
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 6 - How to implement the Observer pattern (used by programming AWT/Swing for its event model) in a multithreaded programming environment.
- Double-Checked Locking: Clever, but Broken - Though many Java books and articles recommend double-checked locking, unfortunately, threads it is not guaranteed to work in Java.
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 5 - Timers let you perform fixed-interval operations, such as programming animation refreshes.
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 9 - Discussion of two more architectural solutions to threading threads problems: a programming synchronous dispatcher (or \\'reactor\\') and an threads asynchronous dispatcher (or \'active programming object').
- Threading Lightly: Synchronization is not the Enemy - Takes a look at the semantics and the threads performance penalty threads of Java\'s synchronized keyword. By Brian threads Goetz.
- Simple Java Thread Management Library (SJT.Mgmt) - An easy to use library for adding thread programming management in programming Java applications. The library comes from programming early experience with JServ\\'s programming lack of thread management, programming and recent posts to the java programming developer forums. programming [Open source]
- Thread Synchronization in Java (Sources) - Introduces basic concurrency problems and shows how to threads solve them by using builtin Java synchronization primitives. threads (Only sources free accessed without registration)
- Concurrent Programming with Java Lab - Lab. manual by Astha Ekadiyanto.
- Achieve Strong Performance With Threads, Part 2 - Explains synchronization, Java\\'s synchronization mechanism, and two problems programming that arise when developers fail to use that programming mechanism correctly.
- Threading Lightly: Reducing Contention - Explains why contended synchronization is a problem and threads then explores several techniques for reducing contention, and threads hence improving scalability.
- Singletons with Needles and Thread - Presents two approaches to creating thread-safe singletons.
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 3 - Looks at how and why you might want threads to roll threads your own exclusion semaphores, and presents threads a lock manager that threads will help you safely threads acquire multiple semaphores.
- Going Atomic - Explains how the new atomic variable classes in JDK 5.0 enable the development of highly scalable nonblocking algorithms in the Java language.
- Implementing Read-Write Locks in Java - Read-write locks allow multiple threads to acquire a read lock programming provided no other thread currently has a write lock on programming the same object. A thread can acquire a write lock programming if no other thread owns either a read lock or programming a write lock.
- The "Double-Checked Locking is Broken" Declaration - Details on the reasons - some very subtle - why programming double-checked locking cannot be relied upon to be safe. Signed programming by a number of experts, including Sun engineers.
- Achieve Strong Performance With Threads, Part 1 - Gives an introduction to threads and explores the threads Thread class threads and runnables.
- Multithreading in Java - The article discusses how to pull off multithreading programming in Java. It is excerpted from chapter 10 programming of the book Java Demystified, written by Jim programming Keogh.
- Hey, where'd my thread go? - If you\\'re not careful, threads can disappear from threads server applications without a (stack) trace. In threads this article, threading expert Brian Goetz offers some threads techniques for both prevention and detection of threads threads going AWOL.
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 2 - Discusses the perils that can arise when you java approach multithreading java in a naive way.
- Achieve Strong Performance With Threads, Part 4 - Focuses on thread groups, volatility, thread-local variables, timers, and the java ThreadDeath class. Also describes how various thread concepts combine to java finalize objects.
- Warning! Threading in a Multiprocessor World - Many authors advocate the double-checked locking idiom to access a programming Singleton object in an intuitively thread-safe way. Unfortunately, for counterintuitive programming reasons, double-checked locking doesn\'t work in Java.
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 8 - Discusses architectural solutions to threading problems. Takes a threads look at threads threads from the perspective of an threads object-oriented designer, and at threads how to implement threads threads in an object-oriented environment, focusing on threads the implementation threads of asynchronous methods
- Threading Lightly: Exploiting ThreadLocal to Enhance Scalability - Examines ThreadLocal and offers tips for exploiting its power. By java Brian Goetz.
- Writing Multithreaded Java Applications - Introduces the Java Thread API, outlines issues involved threads in multithreading, threads and offers solutions to common problems. threads By Alex Roetter.
- Extending Java to Support Shared Resource Protection and Deadlock Detection in Threads Programming - The current Java thread specification does not adequately programming provide for the protection of shared resources or programming for deadlock detection. A model is introduced and programming implemented that can provides shared resource protection and programming deadlock detection. (ACM Crossroads)
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 1 - Discusses the things you need to know to program threads threads in the real world. This article assumes you understand the threads language-level support for threads and focuses on the legion of threads problems that arise when you try to use these language threads features.
- Java Concurrency with Thread Gates - The thread gate pattern is an effective tool for managing thread concurrency, but not many developers know about it. Introduces the concept of thread gates, and then shows how to implement them in a multithreaded prime-number generator.
- Thread Pools and Work Queues - Explores the motivations for thread pools, some basic threads implementation and java tuning techniques, and some common hazards threads to avoid.
- Safe construction techniques - Concurrent programming in Java applications is more complicated than it programming looks: there are several subtle (and not so subtle) ways programming to create data races and other concurrency hazards in Java programming programs. In this article, Brian Goetz looks at a common programming threading
- Avoid Synchronization Deadlocks - Explains how to apply consistent rules for acquiring multiple locks java simultaneously, to reduce the likelihood of synchronization deadlocks.
- Achieve Strong Performance With Threads, Part 3 - Explains how priority relates to thread scheduling and java how to use the wait/notify mechanism to coordinate java the activities of multiple threads.
- Programming Java Threads in the Real world, Part 4 - A condition variable adds to wait the ability to not java wait when the condition you\\'re waiting for has already taken java place; and a counting semaphore lets you control a pool java of resources without sucking up machine cycles in polling loops.
- Can ThreadLocal Solve the Double-checked Locking Problem? - Explains how to fix the double-checked locking idiom by using java thread-local variables and takes a look at its performance.
- Double-checked Locking and the Singleton Pattern - Examines the roots of the double-checked locking idiom, threads why it threads was developed, and why it doesn\'t threads work.
- JKeyLockManager - Provides fine-grained locking with application specific keys. [Open Source]
- Seminar: Concurrent Programming in Java - A course covering all aspects of multi-thread programming programming in Java programming from plain synchronization over Java 5.0 programming concurrency utilities to memory programming model issues.
- Thread Synchronization in Java - Producer Consumer, Dining Philosophers, Reader Writer problems. Applet threads demonstration, design java diagram. Source code accessible by e-mail threads request.
- Can Double-Checked Locking be Fixed? - In this article, Brian Goetz looks at some threads of the java commonly proposed fixes and shows how threads each of them fails java to render the DCL threads idiom thread-safe under the Java Memory java Model.
- Programming Java Threads in the Real World, Part 7 - Reader/writer locks let multiple threads safely access a shared resource java in an efficient way.
MySQL - Cache Direct