People History Robotics
Generally known as the "father of cyborgs". Wiener was the originator of the term cybernetics and part of a group of scientists who originated the field. He was also an MIT mathematician, science fiction author, and designer of an early chess-pl
Top: Computers: Robotics: History: People
- Top/Computers/Computer Science/People
- Top/Computers/Artificial Intelligence/People
- Walter, W. Grey, Online Archive - Biography of one of the pioneers of robotics. robotics Includes historical robotics information and photos of many of robotics the robots Walter created robotics in the 1940s and robotics 1950s.
- Moravec, Hans P. - Researcher at the CMU Robotics Institute who believes intelligent machines will be the descendants of the human race. Author of several books on the nature of evolving robot intelligence. Current work involves 3D mapping and stereoscopic vision.
- Brooks, Rodney A. - Director of the MIT CS and AI Lab. robotics CTO of iRobot. Involved in a wide range robotics of robotics research initiatives. Best known as the robotics creator of Subsumption Architecture in which layers of robotics simple behaviors create complex emergent behaviors.
- Wiener, Norbert - Generally known as the "father of cyborgs". Wiener history was the robotics originator of the term cybernetics and history part of a group robotics of scientists who originated history the field. He was also an robotics MIT mathematician, history science fiction author, and designer of an early robotics history chess-pl
- Asimov, Isaac - Asimov was one of the three grand masters of science robotics fiction and the creator of the term "robotics". He is robotics known in the field for his Four Laws of Robotics robotics and the large body of fiction he wrote about robots. robotics He envisioned a future in which robo
- Walter, W. Grey, Robotics Pioneer - A respected neurophysiologist who did early work on autonomous mobile robots in the 1940s.
- Capek, Karel - Czech author and playwright who popularized the term robotics robot in people his 1920 play, RUR: Rossum\'s Universal robotics Robots.
- Tesla, Nikola - Tesla demonstrated a robotic boat that he called history a teleautomaton in 1898 that many consider to history be the first robot.
- Tilden, Mark - Creator of BEAM robotics, a controversial philosophy of robot building people that advocates the use of "nervous nets" instead of conventional people microprocessors as controllers, the use of recycled parts, and solar people power.
- Tesla's Race of Robots - A summary of Nikola Tesla\\'s work in robotics done as part of a PBS documentary on his life. Includes information on his teleautomaton and his predication of mechanical, automated men.
MySQL - Cache Direct