Pioneers History Computers
Wikipedia biography of one of the pioneers of the Edsac computer at Cambridge, who helped to develop programming language. Includes links to obituaries.
Top: Computers: History: Pioneers
- Top/Computers/Programming/Personal Pages
- Top/Science/Math/Logic and Foundations/History/People
- Top/Computers/Artificial Intelligence/People
- Top/Society/History/By Topic/Science/Engineering and Technology/Biography
- Top/Computers/Computer Science/People
- Bush, Vannevar: As We Are Thinking - Commentary on Bush\\'s classic 1945 article \\'As We May Think\\', history which many view as the first clear description of hypermedia; history by a class from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Memoir of a Homebrew Computer Club Member - An original member, Bob Lash, shares memories, photographs, stories, diagrams history from the early days of personal computing.
- Thompson, Ken - The father of the Unix operating system
- Tarjan, Robert E. - Algorithm and data structure researcher (see also Knuth history and Dijkstra)
- Microsoft Altair BASIC Legend Talks about Linux, CPRM and that Very Frightening Photo - An interview with Monte Davidoff regarding the 4K computers BASIC interpreter computers he wrote with Gates and Allen.
- Wired Magazine Archive: People - A collection of interviews with notable IT people, history including computing pioneers and Internet pioneers.
- Berkeley, Edmund C. - Father of the Personal Computer
- Wheeler, David - Wikipedia biography of one of the pioneers of the Edsac computer at Cambridge, who helped to develop programming language. Includes links to obituaries.
- Information Sciences Hall of Fame - Biographical details for many of the people who computers have played history an important part in the foundation computers of Information Science.
- Raymond, Eric - Open Source spokesman and author of the New history Hacker\\'s Dictionary. computers Resume, writings, speaking engagements, FAQ, and history links.
- Naur, Peter - Introduction to the works of Peter Naur, legendary computers Danish computer pioneers scientist, key in the creation of computers Algol 60, the N pioneers in BNF. Online papers, computers bibliography, book. English, Dansk.
- Emeagwali, Philip - Official site of Philip Emeagwali, voted Africa\\'s greatest scientist by history New African for his work on supercomputer development. Includes booking history details plus links to speeches and articles.
- Licklider, J.C.R.; 1915-1990, In Memoriam - In the 1960s, Licklider published his ideas on the future history role of multiaccess interactive computing: \\'Man-computer Symbiosis\\', and \\'The Computer history as a Communication Device\'. Downloads in 5 formats.
MySQL - Cache Direct