Stallman, Richard Pioneers History
In 1984, Richard Stallman founded the FSF (Free Software Foundation) and related GNU project (GNU's Not Unix). Stallman is the person who formalized then prevailing practices of the Unix/Internet operations and programming community into a licensing system called 'Free Software'. Later, other people renamed this to 'Open Source'.
Top: Computers: History: Pioneers: Stallman, Richard
- Top/Computers/Open Source/Software/Editors/Emacs
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Microkernel/Mach/GNU Hurd
Stallman.org - Richard Stallman's Personal Page. Founder of GNU Project and Free Software Foundation, father and current maintainer of the One True Emacs. Read the Master in a background of quietly understated elegance. Personal essays, political opinions, travel experi
- Salon 21st: The Richard Stallman Saga, Redux - By Andrew Leonard. \\'The saint of free software\\' sparks new pioneers debates about the philosophy of the open source movement: lively pioneers exchange between Stallman and Eric Raymond, and Tim O'Reilly response.
- Wired Archive: Richard Stallman - Stories involving Stallman.
- ZDNet: Interview: GNU guru Richard Stallman - Mainly about the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act: history UCITA.
- Salon 21st: The Saint of Free Software - By Andrew Leonard. Maverick Richard Stallman keeps the pioneers faith; and history gives Bill Gates the finger. Entertaining pioneers true life reporter\\'s experience history of time spent with pioneers Stallman.
- FAIFzilla - Author\\'s home to the book "Free as in history Freedom: Richard history Stallman\\'s Crusade for Free Software". Includes history errata, links to translations, history and updates.
- An Ode to Richard Stallman - Or Minutes to the NYSIA/WWWAC Software Summit. Long pioneers and very history entertaining account of one person\\'s encounter pioneers with Stallman and his history ideas, in the context pioneers of a trade show.
- Linux Today: Richard Stallman, 15 Years of Free Software - By Stallman: brief article taking stock of 15 years of progress; with feedback responses.
- Prince Kropotkin of Software - Portrait of the man and his anarchistic GNU pioneers project.
MySQL - Cache Direct