Kay, Alan Pioneers History
Nonprofit organization dedicated to improving general education and understanding of complex systems, more so by using new inventions in interactive constructive computing, directed by some of the most experienced researchers in computer science. Californ
Top: Computers: History: Pioneers: Kay, Alan
- Top/Arts/Music/Instruments/Keyboard/Organ/Pipe Organs
- Top/Computers/History/Pioneers/Xerox PARC
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Graphic Subsystems/Desktop Environments
- Top/Computers/History/Pioneers/Tesler, Lawrence
- Top/Computers/History/Pioneers/Papert, Seymour
- Top/Science/Institutions/Research Institutes/Corporate Research/Xerox
- Top/Reference/Education/Methods and Theories/Learning Theories/Constructivism
Viewpoints Research Institute - Nonprofit organization dedicated to improving general education and understanding of complex systems, more so by using new inventions in interactive constructive computing, directed by some of the most experienced researchers in computer science. Californ
- Alan Kay: The PC Must be Revamped, Now - PCs should help people learn, not merely perform kay, alan tasks, the prize-winning computer scientist says. CIO Insight.
- From Dynabook to Squeak: A Study in Survivals - Part of a historical research project, tracing the kay, alan evolution history of Alan Kay\\'s Dynabook vision over 3+ kay, alan decades; many history links.
- Board-of-Directors: Alan Kay - Brief biography, photograph. Diamond Management & Technology Consultants.
- Engelbart's Unfinished Revolution: Alan Kay - Brief biography, old picture.
- MUF Mastery: Alan Kay - Brief biography with perceptive editorial comments.
- Smalltalk with Object-Oriented Programming Pioneer Kay - Interview, on influences, history, rationale; laptops; advice. [SearchWebServices.com]
- Tools For Thought: The Birth of the Fantasy Amplifier - By Howard Rheingold. Online copy of well known 1985 book on the invention of modern computing; this chapter on PARC, Alan Kay, Dynabook, Smalltalk, Atari. Newer (c)2000 edition of the book is out, with follow-up interviews.
- mprove: Alan Kay Bibliography - A list of references to articles by history Alan Kay. pioneers Excerpts of his master\'s and Ph.D. history thesis.
- Predicting The Future - By Alan C. Kay; essay on how things kay, alan get kay, alan invented, and how to do better. [Stanford kay, alan Engineering]
- ArtMuseum.net: Alan Kay | Interface 1972 - Biography about Kay\\'s views on interfaces, a few references, old kay, alan PARC picture.
- The Best Way to Predict the Future Is to Invent It: It Is Not Just Smalltalk - Brief interview, covers history, art, education; System Design kay, alan Frontier, Frontier Channels.
- Squeak Wiki: Alan Kay - Brief biography, old picture, some links, contact information.
- Report on OOPSLA97 - Summaries of Alan Kay keynote talk, Squeak Birds history of a Feather (BOF) meeting, Squeak paper talk. history By Mark Guzdial.
- Steps Toward the Reinvention of Programming - Brief citation, many forum comments. Lambda the Ultimate.
- Kay + Hillis - Together, two legendary minds: Alan Kay, Danny Hillis. The result: kay, alan a fast-forward, neuron-boggling, early-warning scan of the future. [Wired]
- SPACEWAR: Fanatic Life and Symbolic Death Among the Computer Bums - Famous Rolling Stone article by Stewart Brand, part kay, alan of which discusses PARC, Alan Kay, Dynabook, Smalltalk.
- Alan Kay: The 100 Dollar Laptop and Powerful Ideas - Summary of Kay talk, photograph series. Windley's Technometria.
- HP Converting Storied Garage into Recycling Center - Story about HP firing many researchers, focused on kay, alan Kay, pioneers with many reader comments. Good Morning Silicon kay, alan Valley.
- Alan Kay on Computing - Brief critique of current state of computing. Fortune.
- Teaching with Technology: The Secrets of Their Success - Five lessons on using technology to engage students, recharge teachers, and in some cases, change the world. [THE Journal]
- The Most Important Idea in Computer Science - Many quotes, Lisp emphasis. Bill Clementson's Weblog.
- Watch What I Do - A Forward by Kay, from a book on pioneers programming by kay, alan demonstration.
- Alan Kay - Growing article, with links to related topics. Wikipedia.
- Education in the Digital Age - Alan Kay talk, in streaming video.
- A Conversation with Alan Kay: Big Talk with the Creator of Smalltalk, and Much More - Historical perspective on personal computing, programming languages, from one of kay, alan the industry’s preeminent pioneers. [ACM Queue]
- Educom'98: Alan Kay: The Computer 'Revolution' Hasn't Happened Yet - RealVideo webcast from conference by EDUCAUSE nonprofit association with goal kay, alan to advance higher education by promoting intelligent use of information kay, alan technology.
- Daddy, Are We There Yet? A Discussion with Alan Kay - Smalltalk inventor speaks about computing today, and where pioneers it\'s going. pioneers [O'Reilly OpenP2P.com]
- Smalltalk.org: Alan Kay - Brief information on Xerox PARC, Kay quotes, Steve pioneers Jobs impression, kay, alan a few links.
- Lisa Rein's Tour of Alan Kay's Etech 2003 Presentation - Covers history, Smalltalk, Squeak, Etoys, late binding, Croquet; Sketchpad, PDP1 history Spacewar, Lisp; Ivan Sutherland, Doug Englebart, John McCarthy; in text, history photos, audio, video in different resolutions. Open Content, public domain.
- Making COLAs with Pepsi and Coke - Describes new way to build programming languages, systems, kay, alan environments, history applications. By Ian Piumarta, Viewpoints Research Institute.[PDF]
- Alan Kay: Is Computer Science an Oxymoron? - Summary of Kay talk, photograph series. Windley's Technometria.
- Building Your Own Dynamic Language is Fun and Easy - Abstract, slide show, references, from First Steps on the Road to Reinventing Computing, by Ian Piumarta, Viewpoints Research Institute. Stanford EE Computer Systems Colloquium, 2007 Feb 14.
MySQL - Cache Direct