Kildall, Gary Pioneers History
Born May 19th, 1942. Died 1994. Gary was the first person to interface a disk system to a microcomputer and create an operating system for it. He changed what had previously been a circuit designed for process control applications into a fully functional computer.
Top: Computers: History: Pioneers: Kildall, Gary
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Realtime/DOS/REAL-32
- Top/Sports/Motorsports/Auto Racing
- Wikipedia: Gary Kildall - Encyclopedia article, with links to many related topics.
- Eulogy of Gary Kildall - By Tom Rolander. Discusses Mr. Kildall\'s contributions to computing.
- The Gary Kildall Legacy - Biography and portrait.
- Digital Research - History archive of firm founded by Gary and pioneers Dorothy Kildall (nee McEwen) in 1974, which soon pioneers became the first successful PC OS company. Tributes pioneers to the Kildalls, information on CP/M, MS/PC-DOS, Caldera pioneers v. Microsoft, many related topics.
MySQL - Cache Direct