News and Media Face Recognition Biometrics Security
Report on a "new technology to recognizing faces in a way that may yet revolutionize international security." [CNN]
Top: Computers: Security: Biometrics: Face Recognition: News and Media
- New Side to Face-Recognition Technology: Identifying Victims - Review of a British project to stop child biometrics pornography. [NY news and media Times]
- EPIC Face Recognition Information Page - Resources about face recognition compiled by the Electronic Privacy Information Center, including many news articles.
- HowStuffWorks: How Facial Recognition Systems Work - Article on FACEIT software, with pictures and links.
- ACLU: Face Recognition Technology - Outlines libertarian concerns about the technology and copies of letters sent objecting to its use in various places.
- Guardian: Robocop - Article discussing the lack of effectiveness of a face recognition news and media system installed in the London borough of Newham.
- Airport Face Scanner Failed - Facial recognition technology tested at the Palm Beach face recognition International news and media Airport had a dismal failure rate, according face recognition to preliminary news and media results from a pilot program at face recognition the facility. [Wired]
- In the Face of Terror - "Recognition Technology Spreads Quickly" By Robert O\'Harrow Jr. [Washington Post]
- Face Recognition Technology a Proven Farce - "Crowd surveillance kit using face recognition technology by news and media Visionics has been a comic failure in tests news and media by the Tampa, Florida police, the American Civil news and media Liberties Union (ACLU) has discovered." By Thomas C. news and media Greene. [Register]
- Twins Crack Face Recognition Puzzle - Report on a "new technology to recognizing faces news and media biometrics in a way that may yet revolutionize international news and media biometrics security." [CNN]
- A Face in the Crowd - "Is surveillance software turning police into Robocops?" By biometrics Julie Wakefield. face recognition [Mother Jones]
- Can Face Recognition Keep Airports Safe? - "As U.S. airports begin installing face-recognition systems to news and media thwart terrorism in the wake of the Sept. news and media 11 attacks, civil rights activists are rushing to news and media decry the technology as ineffective and invasive." [CNet]
- Iceland Places Trust in Face-scanning - "Officials at Iceland\\'s main airport say the face-recognition technology will news and media help them improve security." By Emil Petrie. [BBC]
- CNN.com - Joseph Atick: How the facial recognition security system works - October 1, 2001 - Dr. Joseph Atick is a co-founder of Visionics news and media face recognition Corporation, and currently serves as President and CEO. news and media face recognition He and his colleagues have developed FaceIt news and media face recognition face recognition, a biometric technology that can automatically news and media face recognition detect and capture faces from security camer
- Up Close and Personal - "High-tech identification devices could produce reams of data news and media on law-abiding citizens--but may be useless in fighting news and media terrorists." By Brendan I. Koerner. [Mother Jones]
- High-Tech Identity Checks - Article on new tools for identifying people at airports. [New York Times]
MySQL - Cache Direct