HIPAA Policy Security
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a US law which affects most organizations receiving federal funding or storing medical records. In 2003, stricter patient privacy rules went into effect, with stiff penalties for any breach of confidentiality. As the penalties for even a single breach of confidentiality can be extremely damaging, strict security policies are needed by organizations subject to HIPAA. It should be noted that there are no "magic bullet" solutions to HIPAA compliance - any organization subject to HIPAA rules is well advised to become familiar with the actual regulations and review their operations regularly to insure compliance.
Top: Computers: Security: Policy: HIPAA
- Top/Business/Business Services/Consulting/Medical and Life Sciences/Regulatory Affairs
- Top/Business/Healthcare/Healthcare Management
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Responsible for implementing various unrelated provisions of HIPAA. Includes a directory of CMS's business activities with regard to HIPAA.
- HIPAA Full Text - The complete reference text of HIPAA in direct policy browsable format. From LegalArchiver.org.
- HIPAA.org - The law, identifiers, transactions, enforcement, security, privacy, code sets, industry discussion/collaboration, and other resources.
- Cygnus Security Corporation - New York full service computer integrator, Information Technology policy and Security policy Solutions, specializing in Hipaa Compliance Services
- Understanding HIPAA - Offers a series of HIPAA related products and services.
- HIPAA Secure Email - Secure Gateway - SafetySend.com - HIPAA compliant software solutions such as secure email, secure gateway, hipaa and HIPAA compliance information.
- HIPAA Administrative Simplification Requirements - The official source for information about the Administrative policy Simplification portions of HIPAA.[PDF]
- Department of Health & Human Services - HIPAA - The official central governmental hub for all HIPAA issues including rules, standards and implementation guides.
- HIPAAnswers - Web-based subscription service which assists with HIPAA compliance.
- Joint Council on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) - Since 1951, the Joint Commission evaluates and accredits policy nearly 17,000 security health care organizations and programs in policy the United States. An security independent, not-for-profit organization, JCAHO policy is the nation\\'s predominant standards-setting and security accrediting body policy in he
MySQL - Cache Direct