FAQs, Help, and Tutorials Concurrent Versions System Tools Configuration Management
Most software version control systems provide mechanisms for branching into multiple lines of development and merging source code from one development line into another. However, the techniques, policies and guidelines for using these mechanisms are often
Top: Computers: Software: Configuration Management: Tools: Concurrent Versions System: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
- CVS Tutorial - CVS documentation for beginners.
- O'Reilly Network: Introduction to CVS - This article is intended for folks who will be using CVS already installed on a system. The author explains check-out, update, adding, merging, and other functions.
- CVS Bubbles - FAQ-O-Matic, documentation, tools, links.
- How to use CVS without going insane - A short guide to setting up and using cvs
- Version Management with CVS - Manual that comes with the standard UNIX CVS concurrent versions system distribution. Written by Per Cederqvist.
- Better SCM Initiative : Comparison - A comparison between various version control systems, on an item-by-item faqs, help, and tutorials basis.
- NetFactory - Technology - CVS - List of pointers to CVS related resources plus faqs, help, and faqs, help, and tutorials tutorials a few documents in Danish.
- CVS Manual Translation Project - This project is translating the CVS documentation. Translations to German, faqs, help, and tutorials French, Portuguese, Italian and Russian have been started.
- MarkD's Guide to CVS - Revision control concepts , setting up CVS, labeling concurrent versions system faqs, help, and tutorials and branching, Emacs commands.
- Anonymous CVS Setup - Describes anonymous CVS setup used in the OpenBSD project.
- Updated CVS manual - Sean Dreilinger has formatted and updated the CVS concurrent versions system manual.
- CVS Best Practices - A collection of best practices for implementing a tools CVS based software configuration management in your projects.
- Chrooted tunnelled read-write CVS server - A description how to set up a CVS-Server tools and clients that use ssh.
- CVS and WinCVS QuickStart Guide - An illustrated QuickStart Guide for WinCVS
- Branching Patterns for Parallel Software Development - Most software version control systems provide mechanisms for tools branching into multiple lines of development and merging tools source code from one development line into another. tools However, the techniques, policies and guidelines for using tools these mechanisms are often
- LinuxDevCenter: CVS Administration - Jennifer Vesperman explains how to create and manage tools a CVS faqs, help, and tutorials repository.
MySQL - Cache Direct