Risks Boycott, Lawsuits x SCO Uni
Full text of long non-disclosure agreement SCO asks independent experts to sign, interview with lawyer Dan Ravicher identifies 3 key problems, forum comments. No one in kernel development or planning to contribute to free software projects should sign it.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: SCO: Boycott, Lawsuits: Risks
- Unix's War on Linux - By Charles Cooper. The deeply flawed lawsuit filed sco against IBM sco by SCO is a stalking-horse for sco a deeper struggle between sco proprietary and open-source software. sco [CNET News.com]
- ESR: This is a Strike at the Heart of Our Community - Anti-SCO alarum and editorial by Open Source advocate risks Eric S. risks Raymond, with many forum comments. [Linux risks Today]
- Does Linux Have a Dark Secret? - All it would take is one unnoticed rogue uploader to risks open a whole project with millions of users to significant risks legal trouble. In this way, SCO has done the Linux risks community a favor by showing a hole in the armor. risks [NewsFactor Network]
- SCO Admits Business Risks of IBM Lawsuit - Warns in regulatory filing that its $1 billion risks lawsuit alleging boycott, lawsuits IBM misappropriated trade secrets will be risks costly, may alienate others boycott, lawsuits in computing industry. [ZDNet risks UK]
- SCO Warns of IBM Lawsuit Risks - It says its $1 billion lawsuit will be costly and may have unintended effects that may harm their business: legal fees may rise greatly, revenue from joint ventures with IBM and partners may fall, IBM may have customers shun SCO products. [CNET News.com]
- Gartner: SCO's Legal Fees Could Jeopardize Its Software Business - Recent moves compromise SCO mission as software firm; place law risks firm in position of growing power to set agenda for risks SCO compensation. Summary with forum comments. [LWN: Linux Weekly News]
- SCO NDA Offers Little Information, Much Risk - Full text of long non-disclosure agreement SCO asks independent experts to sign, interview with lawyer Dan Ravicher identifies 3 key problems, forum comments. No one in kernel development or planning to contribute to free software projects should sign it.
- SCO's Legal Fees Could Jeopardize Its Software Business - SCO will pay its lawyers $9 million to pursue lawsuits against Linux users, who should keep low profile and have contingency plan. SCO customers should have migration plan if SCO legal strategy falters. [Gartner]
- How the SCO Lawsuit Will Affect Linux Adoption - Depending on how IBM responds, its Linux strategy, sco and the boycott, lawsuits fate of whole Linux movement, may sco hang in the balance. boycott, lawsuits Unix history; forum comments. sco [TechRepublic]
- SCO Admits: Linux Jihad is Destroying Our Business - SEC filing shows: SCO has already lost business boycott, lawsuits from sco its loyal customer base; expects to lose boycott, lawsuits more. [The sco Register]
MySQL - Cache Direct