Etiquette Usenet Computers
Gives a list of behaviours to be avoided when posting to Usenet groups, as well as links to expand on each item.
Top: Computers: Usenet: Etiquette
- Why Ask Questions in Public? - Briefly explains advantages of asking technical questions in public rather etiquette than e-mailing them directly to a group member. Written and etiquette placed in the public domain by Russ Allbery.
- Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting? - Short lesson by A. Smit and H.W. computers de Haan etiquette explaining how threaded conversations such as computers found on Usenet are etiquette adversely affected by those computers who "top post" instead of "bottom etiquette post" their computers replies.
- The Bincancel FAQ - Explains why one should not post huge computers binaries to etiquette non-binary newsgroups.
- A Primer on How to Work with the Usenet Community - Provides a list of things to remember when posting to Usenet groups.
- Dear Emily Postnews - Satirical questions and answers on how to act computers on Usenet.
- Rules for Posting to Usenet - Offers an discussion of what, and how, computers to post etiquette to newsgroups.
- The Seven Don'ts of Usenet - Gives a list of behaviours to be avoided when posting etiquette to Usenet groups, as well as links to expand on etiquette each item.
- How Not to Look Like an Idiot on Usenet - A list of 16 rules for basic Usenet usenet postings is provided.
- How do I quote correctly in Usenet? - About attribution, quoting, answering, quotation marks and quoting other resources.
MySQL - Cache Direct