An introduction to Usenet basics along with a partial list of Newsgroups. No longer maintained but the information provided is still relevant.
Top: Computers: Usenet
Authoritative Active File - Maintained by the Big Eight Moderation Team at isc.org. This active file is a complete and current list of newsgroups available. Not limited to the "Big 8" groups only.
- CanadianAlien - Explains how to use binary newsgroups.
- Rules for Posting to Usenet - Brief introduction to Usenet and appropriate guidelines to computers follow for usenet posting.
- Marco Schmidt's Usenet Page - Features news items related to Usenet, a map of regional computers newsgroups and hierarchies as well as a collection of links.
- The Usenet Newbie Project - A global presentation of Usenet: how to access it, how computers to read posts, explanation of technical terms and acronyms.
- Wikipedia: Usenet - A presentation of Usenet: its history, terms and organization along with technical details and information on binary content.
- Snoozenet - Tim Pierce\\'s New\\'s Hacking page. Includes links to RFC 977, computers 1036, son-of-1036.
- User's Guide to the Changing Usenet - Explains how RFDs (Requests For Discussion) and CFVs usenet (Call For computers Votes) can be used to change usenet a Usenet newsgroup. Gives computers tips on how to usenet stay abreast of changes in newsgroups computers and how usenet to be an active participant.
- News2mail.com - Delivers via e-mail articles from user-selected newsgroups. Free service.
- yEnc - Encoding for Usenet and E-mail - Homepage of the public domain encoding format widely computers used in binary newsgroups. A stand alone yEnc computers decoder is also available for download with its computers source code.
- Usenetpage.com - Provides basic information and links about Usenet with a particular usenet focus on binary newsgroups and related utilities.
- Usenet Replayer - Web-based Usenet tools, including news resources archive, news computers server search, posting and retrieving of Usenet messages, computers advertising products, and forgery cancellations. Free.
- Slyck's Guide to the Newsgroups - Tutorials on binary newsgroups : how to download, verify, combine computers and decode files as well as how to post them. computers Tutorials on other topics such as IRC and P2P are computers also available.
- Links to Professor Timo Salmi's FAQ Material - Timo Salmi has advice on how to participate effectively in Usenet. Topics include: Proper quoting, proper signatures, how to respond to "crackpots", where to put test postings and other important topics.
- Australian Usenet - Offers the latest news about Australian ISPs\\' Usenet services, also usenet includes tutorials on how to get started with programs like usenet Alt.Binz, Newsleecher and Grabit along with a collection of links.
- Internet Software Consortium - An FTP site with archives of various Usenet related documents. Includes active files, control messages, list of Usenet hierarchies.
- How to Usenet - A brief introduction to Usenet, particularly focusing on selecting a server and choosing a newsreader. Also features a collection of useful links.
- Freedom Knights of Usenet - Dedicated to free speech, and its implementation on usenet Usenet, an alternative point of view. Information about usenet Usenet sites of Virtue and surviving UDPs.
- Mib Software: Usenet Rapid Knowledge Transfer - Information about Usenet for users and developers.
- AnchorDudes Usenet Newsgroup Server FAQ - General presentation of binary newsgroups: specific terms, provider comparison with a pricing table, newsgroup listings and a quick review of newsreader software.
- Usenetpedia - A simple and relaxed presentation of Usenet, its computers history and its specific vocabulary.
- Jukka Korpela's Material About Usenet - Selection of links to material on Usenet. Editorials usenet by Jukka computers explaining the workings of Usenet and usenet the reasons for certain computers conventions.
- W-net : Everything About Usenet - An introduction to Usenet basics along with a partial list of Newsgroups. No longer maintained but the information provided is still relevant.
- Usenet on Livinginternet.com - History of Usenet as a whole and of usenet specific hierarchies usenet like alt.*, bitnet and fidonet, old usenet Usenet maps, the way usenet the newsgroups work and usenet how to use them, tips on usenet advanced use, usenet useful links.
- Beginner's Guide to Newsgroup Newsreaders - Presents newsgroups and newsreaders with a particular focus usenet on binary newsgroups.
- NewsgroupReviews.com - Information and reviews on newsgroup access providers and newsreaders along with basic tutorials.
- Usenet-Newsgroups.com - Offers reviews of several websites on newsgroups. Includes usenet a forum where users can share ideas and usenet get assistance.
- About News-Posting, by J R Stockton - Explanation of Usenet terms and tips on how to write usenet and post to Usenet.
- Binaries4all - Offers binary newsgroup tutorials covering downloading, posting and use of software tools. Includes messageboard.
- Finding the Appropriate Newsgroup - Lists of groups listed according to where to post common usenet kinds of posts, where to read about common topics, and usenet so on.
- Computer Partners - Brief explanation of newsgroups and instructions for using usenet Netscape Navigator or Outlook Express for reading newsgroups.
- Free Advice on Usenet News - An editorial introduction to Usenet.
- Pi's Smiley List - A list of smilies used on Usenet.
MySQL - Cache Direct