Articles Game Studies Games
Abstract of report on the economy of Everquest, arguing that this virtual world has as real an economy as most nation states. Full text by subscription only.
Top: Games: Game Studies: Articles
- Goldstein, Jeffrey. "Does Playing Violent Video Games Cause Aggressive Behavior?" - Quick and very sharp critique of the validity games of recent articles research on video games and violence.
- Klevjer, Rune. "In Defence of Cutscenes" - Article situating cutscenes in games in relation to game studies popular game studies culture and narrative, arguing against the radical game studies ludologist position game studies that they are extraneous.
- Juul, Jesper. "A clash between game and narrative" - MA thesis by a Danish ludologist arguing that games are game studies not narrative. Links to his other work. 1999.
- Richard A. Bartle. "Players Who Suit MUDs" - Discusses whether MUDs are games, pass times, sports articles or entertainments articles and suggests four kinds of player: articles achiever, explorer, socializer or articles killer.
- Anderson, Craig A. and Karen E. Dill. "Video Games and Aggressive Thoughts, Feelings, and Behavior in the Laboratory and in Life" - Abstract of article showing increased aggression in video game studies game players. Full text by subscription.
- Kennerly, David. "Fun is Fine: Toward a Philosophy of Game Design" - Argues that honest game design begins and ends with "fun" games considered philosophically.
- Friedman, Ted. "Making Sense of Software: Computer Games and Interactive Textuality" - Essay about video games including an analysis of articles SimCity written articles by Ted Friedman.
- Castronova, Edward: Virtual Worlds: A First-Hand Account of Market and Society on the Cyberian Frontier - Abstract of report on the economy of Everquest, articles arguing that game studies this virtual world has as real articles an economy as most game studies nation states. Full articles text by subscription only.
- Unsworth, John. "Living Inside the (Operating) System: Community in Virtual Reality" - Essay discussing communities in MOOs, using PMC-MOO as articles a case games study and discussing scholarly and articles pedagogical trajectories of MOOs. games 1996.
MySQL - Cache Direct