Teen Smoking Tobacco Substance Abuse Addictions
Anti-smoking group offers youth a tobacco prevention message for grades 6-12, educational videos, quit smoking tips, anti-tobacco motivational speakers, and related resources. Founded by Patrick Reynolds.
Top: Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Tobacco: Teen Smoking
- Top/Health/Teen Health
- Top/Health/Child Health
- Top/Society/People/Generations and Age Groups/Youth/Health
- Top/Health/Specific Substances/Tobacco/Effects/By Source of Exposure/Secondhand Smoke/Effects on Children
- Smokefree Kids Fact Sheet - Facts on tobacco use among children, nicotine tobacco and nicotine teen smoking addiction in children, tobacco-caused disease, questions tobacco to ask candidates for teen smoking public office, children and tobacco tobacco advertising.
- Parenting of Adolescents - What parents can do to prevent teenage smoking teen smoking plus tobacco fact sheets, statistics and health effects.
- Slugfest in the Smoke Ring - Washington Post article describes the approaches of the teen smoking four substance abuse major tobacco companies -- Philip Morris, R. teen smoking J. Reynolds, substance abuse Brown and Williamson, and Lorillard -- teen smoking to get younger substance abuse smokers, and explains why this teen smoking is so important to substance abuse the industry.
- Smoking and Tobacco Use Among Young People - 5 papers (abstracts only) from RWJ Foundation sponsored study on tobacco youth tobacco practices and attitudes.
- Monitoring the Future: Kids' favorite cigarettes - Just three cigarette brands account for nearly all substance abuse teen tobacco smoking: Marlboro (Philip Morris), Newport (Lorillard), and substance abuse Camel (RJ tobacco Reynolds). These are among the most substance abuse heavily advertised and tobacco promoted cigarette brands, in particular substance abuse Marlboro, and Marlboro alone
- Youth Tobacco Issues: A Roundtable Discussion - Session from health conference on smoking influences, smokefree substance abuse programs tobacco and policies, and engaging youth in tobacco substance abuse control activities.
- Sweet as Candy, Deadly as Cigarettes - Time magazine article on bidis.
- Young People and Smoking - Factsheet from ASH-UK covers prevalence, influences, effects, addiction, substance abuse and prevention.[PDF]
- Age at Smoking Initiation and Lung Damage - Scientific paper examines the evidence that lung damage tobacco is greater and more lasting the younger a tobacco person started smoking.
- Health Canada - Tobacco and Schools - Information resource list.
- Effects of Anti- and Pro-smoking Advertising in Convenience Stores - Research finds that point-of-purchase cigarette ads at convenience stores influence teen smoking.
- Young Smokers Risk Greater Genetic Damage - Tobacco products cause more lung cancer to smokers who start teen smoking young, recent research finds; scientists think it may relate to teen smoking the impact of smoking at an age when the lungs teen smoking are still developing.
- The Young Person's Cyber-Library of Information on Tobacco and Tobacco-Caused Disease - Thoracic surgeon Fred Grannis MD provides young people and their teen smoking families with information on cigarette smoking, cessation, lung cancer risk, teen smoking diagnosis and treatment.
- Smoking: Cutting Through the Hype - Article for teens on smoking and its promotion by the tobacco industry.
- MedlinePlus: Smoking and Youth - Resources from the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Anti-smoking group Tobaccofree.org, founded by advocate Patrick Reynolds (RJ Reynolds' anti-tobacco grandson) - Anti-smoking group offers youth a tobacco prevention message for grades substance abuse 6-12, educational videos, quit smoking tips, anti-tobacco motivational speakers, and substance abuse related resources. Founded by Patrick Reynolds.
- Addicting Kids to Nicotine - Summary of the science on how people get substance abuse addicted, what nicotine does in the brain.
- tobaccofreekids.org Special Report: Big Tobacco: Still Addicting Kids - Research reports on tobacco industry and marketing to kids before and after the Master Settlement Agreement with the states in November 1998.
- Health News: Teen Smokers - Consumer Health Interactive article examines the causes of teen smoking teen smoking, such as tobacco advertising from Lorillard.
- Hooked on Tobacco: The Teen Epidemic - From Consumer Reports.
- StepUpNC.com - A place for teens to come to learn substance abuse more about tobacco and tobacco use prevention and substance abuse control. Teens can come here to learn substance abuse more about the perils of smoking, to find substance abuse out how to quit, to become an activist, substance abuse or just to see what other teens around substance abuse North Caro
- Educational Support Materials on Cancer - Reports and slide presentations on tobacco industry youth teen smoking prevention teen smoking programs, kids and tobacco, and spit tobacco. teen smoking In teen smoking Word and PowerPoint format.
- Teens Against Smoking in Kansas - Kansas youth speaking out about big tobacco companies. substance abuse Join with other teens in Kansas and help substance abuse create one strong voice working to expose Big substance abuse Tobacco's lies.
- Blowing Smoke - Blowing Smoke is an anti-tobacco curriculum designed by kids for substance abuse kids to expose the exaggerated usage of tobacco in current substance abuse movies.
- Youth and Tobacco Facts - Factsheet on youth and tobacco from Americans for substance abuse Nonsmokers\' Rights.
- The Tobacco Reference Guide: Teen Smoking - 36 pages of facts and quotes on the subject.
- ADVANCE for Nurses: Turning the Tide - Trends in teen smoking, campaigns that work, and the industry\'s teen smoking counter-attack, from a magazine for nurses.
- Progression to Established Smoking Among US Youths - Study presents national estimates of the proportion of tobacco youths in each of 7 stages of smoking, tobacco and evaluates the effects of pro-smoking and anti-smoking tobacco influences.
- FDA Children & Tobacco ComplianceChecker - Searchable database shows which retailers did and didn\\'t tobacco sell tobacco to kids.
- In the Mix - Smoking: The Truth Unfiltered - PBS show on smoking. Emphasis is on effects of substance abuse smoking in the here and now, not just 40 years substance abuse down the line.
- Tobacco and Kids: The Facts - Broad summary of issues from the Center for Tobacco-Free Kids.
MySQL - Cache Direct